Used 2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 266 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Good Car but requires maintenance
By GoLonghorns

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Maxima brand new. I now have 89,000 miles. I have been very happy with this car but maintenance items are very expensive. Other than regularly scheduled maintenance, the struts and A/C has been replaced. The sunroof sometimes will not close. The car is very fast but the turning radius for this car is VERY wide.

Bose stereo, comfortable ride, very quick.

Tighter turning radius. Chrome appearance items turn various colors.

Still going.
By JD

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with less than 23,000 miles now I am over 60,000 the car is smooth and still fun to drive. As for mechanical issues I have had a few my transmission was changed out at 53,000 due to harsh down shifts usually between 2nd and third luckily the car was still under warranty and had to replace a rear wheel bearing recently. Otherwise I still love the car my average mpg is about 22 in the city and 29 on the hwy. It seems that the only major issue that people are having is the transmission (which cost a fortune to replace) otherwise the car is solid. Maybe Nissan will own up to there defect.

Power, radio, comfort, smoothness on the road.

Transmission, turn ratio.

Not a good buy!
By Not Happy

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car at about 20,000 miles and it was fine at first. But then started having problems and had to have the transmission replaced at about 70,000 miles, good thing I had extended warranty otherwise I'd be in the hole for about $5,000+! What a rip! So I took it in for an oil change and apparently it now has something cracked that leads to the transmission. SO OVER IT!

Nothing!

Everything!

Same Problems
By 818 latina

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for the past 5 years and its been very expensive. The same problems over and over again. The transmission gave up, the Ac doesn't work, timing belt has to be replaced. I am a teacher and I'm broke. I have to drive 40 miles every day hoping this car doesn't break on me. I replaced the transmission already but now there is another noise. I need a refund on this car. It is not good quality and its leaving a lot of us broke during these hard times.

Junk Car, Stay Away from Nissan.
By Junk

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought Brand new from dealership. Like interior and exterior but quality is bad. Coolant leaks cost $400 and Timing Chain also went bad $1500. A coworker had Frontier pick up also had the same problem. Google on Nissan cars and trucks with V6, it seems like common problem. Never heard timing chain replace before. Had 2004 Corolla with 162,000 miles and still running like brand new. Go with Toyota or Honda and forget nissan.

Bose stereo, climate controls, steering wheel controls, auto dim mirrors, and the comfort of leather.

Build better quality cars and trucks. Improve customer service.