Used 2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 265 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

My Maxima
By Louisiana Girl

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The design of the new Maxima caught my eye. Upon a closer inspection I fell in love with it. The interior is very roomy for my children. I am in my 20's and I do not feel as though I am driving a granny car, but rather a sophisticated and stylish one. The safety features such as the quick release latch in the truck are a bonus among others. The only complaint I have would be the touchy gas pedal.

The stylish exterior, roomy interior and a large trunk.

Would be to improve the touchy pedal.

This Car is over rated
By Joseph

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've never had a worst experience with a car than what I had with my new Maxima. The back panel came loose and the driver side door pillow also came lose. The car has a lot of cabin noise, and after only 12,000 miles the lumbar broke. Not to mention there's noise in the front end of the car. I would much rather buy a hyndai than purchase another nissan. After 9 months I decided to sell my nissan an purchase a used lexus. I have to say the service at lexus is 100 times better than the service at nissan. Stay away.

got me from a to b. and that's alll

Start from strach for the new model.

05 Maxima SL
By Dannyro

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall nice car. I had it for 6 months. Transmission is lazy in traffic. Don't step on it or your on board computer will show your MPG going as far down as 12MPG through out an average of normal and traffic driving. Most confortable ride ever. Make sure to opt for the driver preffered package. I didn't and I am sorry now. Stereo is great. Heated seats take a litle too long to warm up. Neat features that let you open the front windows from the remote (why not all 4, I can't understand...). Plenty of space for 5, comfortable with 4 on board. Overall, I believe it is a great car for the money. I can't wait to see what the 2008 will have to bring to the table...Its worth it and ready to move up

Stereo; Windows down from remote; Windows up with key from outside; Big interior and big trunk space; One touch up front windows; A lot of interior lighting and plenty of usable storage compartiments; Great engine for the car; Great cup holders (they're actually usable). Solid feel behind the wheel.

Transmission; Torque steering; Door panel material, Dashboard colors; Heated seats; One touch up all windows (as well as remote open and key close on all windows); Get rid of the cassete player-do those things even still exist? LOL

This car saved my LIFE!!!!
By mick's maximan

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is fun to drive and easy to handle. I have had this car for almost [?] when I was involved in a wreck. A car traveling in the opposite direction spun out of control and hit my nearly new Maxima in the front right, deploying airbags and spreading car parts everywhere. After sliding a good 100 feet on my rims I was struck again from behind by a second car. All the safety features work as designed! Unfortunately, my 2005 Maxima is totaled but I am not!!

Safety, Safety, Safety!! Overall handling, love the driver elite package.

Stereo sound & paint quality are just marginal. Some of the switches and interior parts were made from inferior products

My opinion of this vehicle.
By elsea

2005 Nissan Maxima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles well on the road in all types of weather. Both the exterior and interior look nice; the interior has some nice features to it. It has good gas mileage. I get between 25 and 27 miles per gallon when I drive this car. There is plenty of room for items in the trunk, and it has a good size consoul. Overall, this is a nice car for the money.

Looks nice, good handling, some nice features, and good price.

Should have an option for a remote start on the vehicle like the satelite radio. Both of these are great to have.