Used 1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:

Best Car I've Ever Owned!!
By Jbanks1990da9@gmail.com

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

I have a 99 Maxima SE 5-Speed Manual transmission, this car has been great to me. I bought the car in 2012 with 160,000 miles and now she has 289,000 miles!! She still runs great!! The 3.0 engine runs smooth and accelerates nicely. I have had to replace normal wear and tear parts like CV axles, balljoints, tie rods and struts. Ive also replaced the coil packs with "Hitachi" brand ones and have been working great for years. I must say this is the best car Ive ever owned!!! And would buy another!!!

One of the best cars ever
By Bryan gantt

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I have owned 2 of these cars they are great comfortable and reliable. Will last forever.

Nissan's Best in a reliable family sport sedan
By Andy Miller

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

Accelerates like a scalded cat, corners like it's on rails, stops on a dime with good tires, even 18 years later. Reliability - it's 18 years old and I've spent about $3000 on repairs other than basic wear and tear. Sunroof has never leaked, still silent as it opens and works well. Bose stereo has never had a problem other than the tape deck died about 2 years ago, but I don't have many tapes anyway.

my first purchased car !
By STEVE GONZALEZ

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 99 Nissan maxima when I was 21 the car looks great ran great as others I have had coil problems but after fixing them It was good. used only synthetic oil ! only used 76 gas . 87 unleaded of course. I have changed the oil seals myself. the car still runs great. reseale value totally blows I rather keep it. the purchase value was outrageous. I don't know what I was thinking.. if you drive it fast you burn the gas as fast. being it is a v6 ! I love my maxima I also have a 2007 Honda accord. cant compare them.. the maxima has great speed and the better engine. I think. the accord handles a lot better great on gas. but I will always love my maxima ! being that I am from California and the roads out here are bumpy I love my v6 to out run the smaller 4 sissy cylinder cars out here.

Sweet Car!
By dom52

1999 Nissan Maxima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

The car i got my license in, well where to begin. It's been and still is a reliable, fun car to drive. Oil changes are super easy to do, all you have to do is turn the wheel all the way to the right and you have access to the plug and filter without lifting the car. The car is at about 275,000 miles and counting, and show no signs of failing anytime soon. The only thing that went bad on this car was the alternator(not a big deal). Other than that I highly recommend this car.

It is a simple car, electronically speaking.