Used 2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Juke

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

JUKE OUT OR GET JUKED!!!
By timbo21

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My mom bought a 2011 Juke. It has 55000 miles and major timing chain issues and they are telling her it needs a new motor. She still has the original tires and brakes on the car, so she doesn't drive it hard. They are telling her they are not going to honor her warranty. I am reading that alot of people are having these same issue. On top of that it never got even close to the gas milage they suggested. I would say if u own one running u better trade it in while its running and if u see one used don't buy it. ITS A [non-permissible content removed]!!!!

recall the damm thing. its a peice of junk!

A Little Dissapointed...
By bparks89834

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I traded in my 2009 MINI S hardtop for a 2011 Juke SV. Main motivation: my daily commute includes 15 miles of gravel road and frequent snowy winter conditions. The Cooper had issues--it rattled on the gravel, and never liked snow over 2" deep. It had virtues--consistently 36 mpg, and a blast to drive. The Juke sounded great--greater ground clearance, AWD, turbo-charged with HP to match the S, and an MPG rated at 25 city, 30 hwy. If only... Currently, I'm getting 24.2 mpg on mostly highways, driving like a pansy in ECO, staying in 2 wheel drive the vast majority of the time, and holding my mouth right. Nissan: how did you get this wrong?

A very solid car. Great features. Utterly a bargain compared to a comparable MINI Cooper--i.e. the Countryman. Love the 4 doors, the cargo space, the ride, the acceleration, the maneuverability. Very distinctive styling, I've always got to smile when I meet it after work in the parking lot. It's a beautiful piece of machinery. Still, Nissan, how did you screw up so badly on fuel economy? And why did you throw an 11 gallon fuel tank into this poor car to add insult to injury? Out here in Nevada, I actually have to alter my long haul routes just to accommodate the fuel needs of this ridiculous beast.

Fuel economy and driving range! Make this a true 30 mpg vehicle with at least a 400 mile range. Subaru has managed it with the Outback. Why can't Nissan?

Engine problems
By 4battles

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Juke and recently the timing chain broke causing engine damage to the point that the engine needs to be replaced. I have 75000 miles on it due to my job requiring travel. Nissan told me that it is a good car and can handle anything I throw at it. NIssan has agreed to pay for the engine and parts but want me to pay for labor.

I am caught over a barrel on this one. The new engine is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. This is the first nissan I have ever owned and I promise it will be the last.

Love my 2011 Juke but not its Tires
By jukeownerohio

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Overall , I love my 2011 Juke with its many features. It now has approximately 25,000 miles and I recently drove it in both moderate rain and several inches of snow.
The tires are terrible.
I was hydroplaning worse than any vehicle I've ever had and had to crawl along in the smallest amount of snow. This was in both the variable and full time all wheel drive settings.
After reading the many reviews posted about the Goodyear tires that came on the car, I'm very disappointed that Nissan would choose these for this vehicle.

I live in Ohio so I experience all types of weather conditions and I feel these tires are unsafe with this amount of wear on them.

It's sporty, fun to drive, and quick. I really like the exterior design. I like having the choice of settings for both the turbo and the road and weather conditions; ie. all wheel , variable or front heel drive. It has great acceleration even when you use just the Normal setting on the turbo. I like the fold down seats as I often have larger items to transport for my job.

As I was reading through other reviews, I agree with several of the suggestions. An arm rest would be great, a little better lighting in the rear would really help and I would choose automatic headlights and a compass to add. I ordered my Juke with the gray interior and was expecting more gray- I hate black carpet. It shows everything. I am 5'3" tall and have a hard time with the drivers side blind spot-it's very hard to see if someone's back there with the pillar and mirror design. My gas mileage is averaging 24 to 27 mpg. I did get close to 30 on a trip where I didn't run the air and drove 70ish for 250 miles or so with the turbo on ECO and the variable all wheel drive turned off.

2 yr/35,000 mile update
By zoolander1

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After driving this car for 2 years I thought it'd be fair to update my ownership experience. I still like the car, I don't think I love it anymore. It's a fun car, but that's it. When you want to have fun, it delivers, when you want to just drive, it lacks a bit. I went to the dealership for a "check engine" light and they replaced my engine.
The A/C makes a split second grinding noise the dealer can't figure out/reproduce.
The trust factor is gone, I don't think I want to keep this car past manufaturer's warranty.
I can't get over 27 hwy mpg. I've tried it many ways, on many roads, on the AZ flat desert and can't. It's got a lifetime MPG of 25.8

The turbo engine/6 Speed MT! What a combo! the all-disc brakes. It's definitely a driver's car. The seats' fabric, and the overall layout of the interior.

MPG: either claim less or tune it more conservatively. Turbo engines seem to be a little thirsty. It's a small engine that is usually revying high in order to deliver. I wonder if Nissan can get this right. Audi does it much better with its 2.0 AWD A4, a heavier more complex car. I don't complain about interior materials, it is what it is for the segment, average I'd say. Cartoonish I-con display, shinny materials all over, but hey, it's a $20k car. Do I regret buying it? NO Will I keep it much longer? NO