Used 2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Zippy little cutie
By Kathy1328@att.net

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great on gas. Fun to drive.

I love the turbo!!
By Serjio

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

the cvt wont act good in weather under 64°F so let it warm up at least till you see 2-4 squares go up on the temp or else the rpms will be high at around 3000 rpms when you drive in the cold in the first 10 min, thats the only part i didnt like about the cvt

JUKE2011
By KISSHA LANG

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

No back seat room unless you are a child; the front seat space is great!

Great car TERRIBLE motor
By T. Buggia

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Having owned this car now for 20k miles Nissan has already replaced the stereo, timing chain and now the engine. DO NOT PUCHASE A JUKE OR ANYTHING FROM NISSAN WITH THE 1.6L TURBO. These motors eat themselves by stretching the timing chain due to a failed design. Check Juke forums and user rviews, when the owners think replacing a mtoro at 20k, 40k or 60k is common you should stay far away.

Blown Motor
By Jim O

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My engine blew up at 29929 miles dealer gave me a new one covered under warranty ($9800). My son blew up "all" his mid-range speakers (4). Our system is a Fosgate gig (we upgraded our new midranges). Stereo shop said this in not a true "Fosgate" system in these cars.Dealer tried telling me the Head unit ($800) was blown, and that the head unit had "no" output. Stereo shop said "wrong" that the tweeters were on the same channel, and they were working. Stereo shop was surprised the woofer was not blown.
Had it serviced and the transmission started slipping a week later, although there was no fluid on my garage floor, where I park the Juke. Dealer told me it was a quart low on transmission fluid. Stereo shop told me, he has an Altima, and that the transmission fluid "evaporates" because the transmissions in these cars, get so hot "BEWARE".
A good friend of mine (a Ford and ASE "Master Mechanic") That owns a Transmission shop, said these transmissions are trouble, although my son said "all" the new transmissions were going to this "steel band? gig" that included Honda, Nissan, Toyota, etc.etc....
I am sure they have revised the transmissions, or we the consumer are in for a world of hurt.
But my biggest gripe is the "ROTTEN SUN VISOR" it is too small, and does not stay up.
I had mine replaced by the dealership and it is still [non-permissible content removed]...Every time I drive this car around sundown, I want to call the factory
and tell them to ROT, that is how much the sun visor sucks....way too small..WAY TOO SMALL !!!
I have never blown a motor in all my life (20+ cars and motorcycles)..this was a first.
My wife loves this car (of course because she is not dealing with the crap)
But the car does have zip (thats after owning a Lexus IS350) and is "nimble"
The drop down back seat is nice when I don't want to drive my truck (F350 PowerStroke)
to pick up a mid sized item, that is too big for my car.
Would I buy this car again...not sure...I beat it like it owes me money, but now that the warranty has expired
I am a little leary (just got an offer to extend the warranty) I have 63K miles on it (only 33K on the new motor)..lol lol
The stinking visor still has me mad.. Infinity Q50 maybe my next Nissan.