Used 2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Excellent small pickup truck
By WD

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Pro-4x has the most comfortable seats of all the Frontier models as the result of a manual 10 way adjustable seat. The only major drawback is the fuel mileage. The vehicle sticker should read 14 - 18 mpg which is what I experienced. Still, in my opinion, of the small pickup trucks available, it the only one that I would recommend. It is extremely good off road and in snow storms. The reliability is outstanding.

Embarked on an (almost) new Frontier
By Robert L. Van Elsberg

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a well-worn but very reliable 2003 Toyota Tundra base model with regular cab, 5-speed manual transmission and a 3.4 liter V6 engine. I'd badly injured my left foot in a falling accident and kicking the clutch was painful. I love Toyotas, but the price on the used Tacomas was too much for my budget. Enter a well-maintained 2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab with the SV package. While not as big as the Tundra, the Frontier was quite comfortable and its automatic transmission and cruise control were blessings to my injured left foot. I also found the Frontier tracked well in its lane rather than wandering the way my Tundra had. The only fault was in the limited rear view along the driver's side of the car via the door-mounted rearview mirror. After a few hair-raising moments I learned to lean forward and look back along the driver's side of the truck to watch out for traffic. Once I got used to that it wasn't a problem. I love the 4.0 liter V6 engine, which offers 60-plus more horsepower than I had in my Tundra. No more being left behind at the stop light by everybody else (including grandma). I bought the truck in December 2016 with just under 35,000 miles on it. I saved a good $8,000 to $9,000 compared to a new car. Do I see that as a great deal? Oh yes--Nissan trucks are made to last and I saved a lot more than I gave up by purchasing a late-model used pickup. The previous owners clearly maintained the vehicle well. Also, the built-in towing package is a plus as my wife and I--both in our 60s--are ready to trade tent-camping for the comforts of a trailer. The more I drive this truck, the more I like it. And while I would have preferred a gray-colored truck, the shiny black highlighted with chrome bumpers, sidesteps, etc., is definitely a "sexy" combination. I worried about going from Toyota to Nissan, but both companies make great vehicles. Like the old saying, "You pays your money and you takes your choice."

Love This Truck
By J.Robbin Hajek

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is another winner from Nissan.After owning a used 1993 Hardbody D21,I was determined to upgrade to a crew cab Nissan Frontier (my Hardbody smoked my old Toyota,with way better off road performance).This truck even impressed my wife,who hated my old Toyota,with comfortable seating (we're short people),logical controls,and especially visiblity.The model we bought lacks power windows and power door locks,but after our hunting trip to eastern Oregon,in which we locked ourself out a couple of times in the Chevy,I can do without such conveniences.Be prepared to battle the dealerships,who will way overprice these popular trucks.Arm yourself with Internet knowledge and roll up your sleeves and be prepared for a three hour ordeal.We got close to our target price.We love this truck.I added a receiver hitch,that required no drilling of the frame (WOW) to mount.Update:so far a great little truck,absolutely no problems,and does everything we expected.

Fantastic pickup
By Nicholas schutzius

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck!
By Rich

2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2004 Frontier king cab. It was spartan and handled kind of rough, but the thing was a tank and I had very little problems with it. I traded it in at a 170k miles. Having kids I knew I needed more of an actual back seat, I got a used 2014 Frontiet sv trim line crew cab. So far I love it! The V6 engine has great "gitty-up" and power. It's handling/turning may not be its strong suit, but it's a truck, not a sports car. Not sure this is most truck's strong suits. Overall I love the look of truck, sporty and brawny, while maintaining some refinement. Understand that this is a mid-size vehicle, so there are lots of bigger trucks with way more cargo and back seat space. But not wanting a school bus sized vehicle for a truck, this is a perfect size. Certainly if you do lots of hauling, especially heavy duty, look elsewhere. But for around town with some hauling, this truck fits the bill. Also some people knock the mpg, but again, it's a truck!