2012 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Back to nissan :)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Back to nissan :)
By bgarthe on

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Years ago I had pathfinder and 720 pickup and went Jeep for a bit.
Our Nissans were great and I am very glad I returned.
I recently bought new Frontier crew cab Pro 4x and it is a dream.
The styling, power, performance, and features set it apart from the many other brands considered and researched.
It helps that the local dealership has such great service dept.
It is quiet, has a nice music package, moonroof (my first), and handles really well.
I think the safety features are a sure plus.
Mileage is ok, but is sure to get better as she ages.
I had my Jeep for twelve years and look forward to at least that with this truck.

Now it's 2016 and I have abt 57,000 miles on it and I'm totally impressed. It has not let me down once, still performs great, and I could not be happier. Gas mpg averages around 19 now which is ok for what this truck offers. Sure, I'd like better mpg, but one cannot have everything. Driving visibility is very good and I like the automatic locking systems w doors when I get moving. As soon as I stop, the same system unlocks the doors. AC works nicely and I don't really see any drop in mpg when I have AC on. Honestly, I have yet to find anything I'd say is a minus.......way to go Nissan.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By bgarthe
on 04/18/13 17:39 PM (PDT)

Well I have driven it for nearly 4,000 miles and still no troubles like often happen with new vehicles. Drove through flood water without a glitch and mileage is inching upward a bit. Still looking forward to AZ this summer and KY/TN for some of the off road stuff. Mine handles very well and has none of some of the other issues like steering pulling to the left or driver seat comfort. I like to update posts whether they are good or bad. So far, so good.

By bgarthe
on 03/18/15 20:41 PM (PDT)

Well now it's 2015 and I'm up to 33,000 miles and am super pleased. It has taken me to plenty of places hwy and off road without a bit of trouble. All has performed quite well and reliably. I installed a rear camera and other things like a hard cap for the bed. The mileage on the hwy has improved to around 20-22 mpg with 18-19 around town. I. am one very pleased Frontier owner and would recommend it to anyone.

By bgarthe
on 09/04/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

Well, a follow up is due after another 8,000 miles. I just finished visiting 16 states and lots of off-roading. The Frontier was great. I averaged 20 mpg. on the hwy which was nice and I did many mountain roads in TN, AL, KY, CO, NM, and AZ. Some of these roads worried me, but the truck did perfectly and got me through. One such trip took me on NM road 338 to Geronimo Trail which was wild. I also used for the first time the hill decent switch to go down a curvy narrow mountain road some 6,000 feet. It really does do well and my braking was minimal....done at slow speeds. The cruise control used much of the time was both reliable and easy for me to operate. Bear in mind, I will post bad things that occur as well, but there were simply no problems. When I took it in for an oil and air filter change, the service dept. said all looked fine. Lastly, when I trailered my boat to WI, all went well with power to spare. Now I can say for sure that this is the best vehicle I have had. Nice job Nissan. Sent from my iPad