Used 2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Frontier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Rock solid

Old Florida Cracker, 05/27/2019
SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2011 Frontier. Every thing they say here is pretty much true. It is a little old fashioned, not the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned but one thing stand out for me. I have 125,000 miles on mine, and I have yet to spend a dime on a repair. Usual maintenance items like oil changes, new brakes at about 100,000k, wipers 2 new batteries and nothing more. When I think back on my other trucks, which needed transmissions, air conditioners, timing belts, etc, there is no comparison. Other than a tight fit for my 3 German Shepherds in the back seat, it hauls everything I need and pulls a light trailer with ease, even if the gas mileage drops a bit. I will happily trade years of reliable, trouble free service for any high tech gadgetry any day. I love driving my truck now as when I bought it 8 1/2 years ago. This is my update: My Frontier continues to deliver. Did start running a little rough, had to replace the spark plug wires and plugs. I consider that routine maintenance, so as for as I am concerned, still not a single issue. Update 2020. Still going strong. No new issues, continues to run strong with no problems. I have not driven it much this last year as I work at home and like everyone else, staying home. This has been a GREAT truck. 2021: Retired now, (me, not the truck) truck still going strong, no mechanical or maintenance problems. Everything still works, no rattles, no squeaks. Sure, it would be nice to get a newer model truck but really, how would that be worth it? This has, far and away, been the best vehicle I have ever owned as far as value and reliability go.

My brilliant silver king Frontier

Carol Neal, 07/09/2015
S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great space for groceries, travel chairs, luggage, purse and endless possibilities behind the driver and passenger seat. Great 4 cupholders for all sizes. Large console between seats and space for change. Do not know the exact name but a bar on each side to pull yourself up more. I have had my 2011 frontier king cab since July 2014, two years. No repairs have been needed! I love the pull up bar.. Also good size cubby hole on bottom of all four doors and double dash doors. I paid $14,500 at modern Nissan in Winston Salem, nc. It is 5 gear Manuel. Also rear cab light stays on long enough to get to house door. Just make sure you shut all doors or the light stays on. Has brilliant silver finish. Water still beads up. Wipers work smooth and quite. I also have a 2008 Nissan rogue crossover purchased 2010. Still has not needed any repairs in 6yrs! On a scale of 1-10 I give a 9.9 July 13,2016 still no problems and still enjoying the king cab truck - Frontier. Thank you.

Glad I made the switch to the Nissan

fighterpilot, 07/23/2011
SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After owning a 96 4x4 Ranger for 207K miles I was ready for something new. Had been looking at the Frontier for some time and finally bought. Glad I did. I opted for the 4.0L V6 with a 6 speed manual as the automatic proved to be quite a dog upon acceleration. I'm 3500 miles in and gas mileage is running about 20-21 when running the AC.

Great deals on 2011 Frontiers right now

eddie_mundy, 09/02/2011
SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After shopping around and considering everything from a hatchback diesel Golf to a small SUV/crossover, I decided on the Frontier as my primary vehicle for a mix of highway and city commuting. In the end, as for so many others, it came down to the Frontier vs. the Tacoma. Due to several rebates and discounts the 4x4 King Cab V6 with premium package ended up being cheaper than a 4 cylinder regular cab bare bones (not even power windows) Tacoma would have been. So far I love it! Paid $22,700 out the door bottom line price for the King Cab 4x4 V6 with premium package in Night Armor with Graphite interior.

I got the right truck

garrettb, 09/25/2012
SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new... now 1 year later going on 9k miles. Great truck always gets 19 mpg.. Great engine. 4x4 works great, tows very well. I have only a couple minor complaints... The passenger fold down seat rattles and drives me crazy. The turning radius is Terrible. My Armada U-turned Much better than this Frontier. Other than that I love the truck. It is a keeper for sure. I've owned a Ford Ranger and a Chevy Colorado. This Nissan is by far the nicest truck of all them.