Used 2010 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Good truck for the money
By ike

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck having had a 2wd version before and knowing what I was getting. I think it is a better value than the Tacoma, which I had that one as well. The Frontier engine feels stronger and gas mileage is better at around 19 to 19.5 with a 4wd. I like the so called hard plastic interior, it is easy to clean and maintain. Nissan builds a tough truck. It has a firm steering feel that controls well, but does bounce a little from having a stiffer suspension. The back seat even in a crew cab is for kids or cargo, not adults, but useful. Factory spray-in bedliner, utili-trak, and bed extender are absolutely wonderful and useful. Better price than Tacoma!

Strong engine, good mileage.

Power seats, temp. gauge, steering wheel audio controls on lower models.

Doors swing hard, bad console
By wudzwomn

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I read these before purchasing. Nissan must not read, still same issues from YEARS ago. The console is too low, no resting your arm on. And the doors swing hard, wide. Easy to door ding others if don't watch it. Otherwise I love my new truck so far. Only 3,000 miles. The bed extender rocks. No fog lights is weird. Cab is roomy. I traded my Toyota Tacoma. Got almost as much truck at much better price.

Higher console with better storage. Tacoma had nice set up with two sections. Current Nissan version like a bucket, hard to find stuff.

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4 4dr
By jodi1988

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this truck! With 12K miles on it, I’ve had my Nissan Frontier for a little over a year now. The Tacoma was the only other truck that compared but the Nissan price difference had me sold. Very fun to drive, love the acceleration. My mom has an old ’91 Pathfinder with 280K + miles on it and hasn’t had a problem yet, besides changing her battery cables. I have no doubt that my Frontier will be just as reliable.

Anti skid textured bedliner, bed extending rack, body style, the amount of space.

I wish it came with fog lights. City mileage could be better. I had a Nismo air intake installed into my truck which gave me about 45 extra miles to a tank and more horse power.

Love my Truck
By Front Range Lady

2010 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the smooth ride, handling and that I didn't have to give up any of my interior luxury. The 18 inch wheels are a plus.

Interior, Bluetooth, heated seats, 6 disc changer, sound quality, short little bed, that will carry all I need to

the steering wheel should have lighted controls-I can't see the buttons at all at night, although I love the controls for the BLuetooth and sound system on the wheel.

Very Nice Truck
By RagingItalian

2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my car and traded my old truck in for a Nissan Altima on the cash for clunkers deal, then determined I could not live without a truck. The only 2 that I would consider was the Toyota Tacoma and the Nissan Frontier. For the price there was no comparison. Ken Pollock Nissan gave me a great deal. I could not be happier with this truck and realized this is the only vehicle I need and now selling the car.

Solid, about as nice a ride you can expect from a 4X4 pickup, V6 power is exceptional, smooth shifting transmission.

Somehow squeak out a few extra miles per gallon but not at the cost of horsepower. The SE should have a sunglass holder (I had to install one) and radio controls in the steering wheel. I read other reviews complaining about the turn radius and it is a bit wide but by no means a deal breaker.