Used 2009 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Hooked on the King Cab 4cyl 5man
By jkw

2009 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third King Cab 4cyl 5/man since 1985. 'Nuff said.

4cyl 5/man king cab

If Nissan can make a Frontier Patrol???

Horrible Truck
By Larry McEnnis

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Possibly the worse vehicle I've every owned? All of the companies that write reviews for this truck want to praise it, then why didn't I get the same truck they rave about? The front suspension is horrible. It will not drive straight on the pavement, it wonders from side to side, and heaven forbid if you hit a pothole as it will throw the truck sideways. And talk about bump steer, I've never experianced a truck whose steering wheel yanks to the side when you hit a bump. The steering will flat wear you out if you take it on a dirt road. It will want to pull the wheel side to side with every bump. I have owned trucks for 40 years and this is the worse. I can't wait to sell it.

Good looking, good power, and good gas mileage.

Fix the front end suspension! Part of the problem might be the overly large sway bar, as this will transmit every bump into the whole vehicle.

Great Truck
By moloch16

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for almost a year now and I am very happy. The truck drives very well and is tightly made. I commute in this truck and get about 19mpg on a regular basis (I have a bunch of stop lights to go through). This truck can do it all - commute, tow, haul, offroad!

Versatility, bedliner, rail system, fold- up back seats, fuel economy (for a truck), looking tailgate, towing cpacity, quality, looks, 4wd

More comfortable crew cab seats, larger side mirrors, mp3 player connection, even better fuel economy

I Love This Truck
By Gary

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Frontier a year, now. If I had it do again, I would still buy this truck. I looked at the Dakota and the Tacoma, and wasn't very impressed. First, I liked the look of the Frontier. But, when I drove one, that was it. The power, felt like a V-8. Too me, it was just what I wanted in a truck.

I like the dash lights at night, it's different. The radio and CD player is great. I like the back seats, they aren't the bench type. I like the four tie down eyes in each corner of the bed. The transmission and V-6 engine, are flawless.

The arm rest is too short. The turning radius requires some getting use to, doesn't turn as sharp as what I'm used to.

A KEEPER, AT LEAST FOR NOW
By RUBICON4X4

2009 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months good power and economy combination, average low 20's unless in 4 wheel drive. OE tires are mediocre for snow and mud, but do fine on dry roads: disappointing to need new tires since I live in an area that has snow 4- 5 months. Surprised that neither the salesman or sales manager knew that this truck does have a break in period. More truck for the price than I could have gotten a Toyota for. Radio works well, even in fringe reception areas. Radio and heater controls are easy to reach and understand.

Very comfortable on long trips, lots of room and good storage in the cab. Excellent heat and AC. Easy to handle and great visibility.

If I had known that you cannot put tire chains on all 4 wheels before buying, would have looked elsewhere. A 4x4 truck that can only use limited clearance chains on the rear and no chains on the front is a real disappointment. My next truck will have room for standard chains all around.