Used 2008 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

what the...
By truck&cat

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 11 months and 32K replaced transmission. (bad synchronizers. Other than that plastic is tacky, A/C fan is getting louder and louder, windows rattle. Plenty of room for a field serviceman for tools and whatever you need for 4-5 day trips. Gas mileage is reasonable, 23mpg on hwy if you don't go over 70mph. Tried all grades, the best results with 89 octanes. Turning radius could be better.

Responsive engine, 4WD works perfect, simple controls. Exterior design.

More legroom, less plastic. Some features should be available outside of packages.

My first new vehicle
By Dawg Pound

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking to buy my first pick up and test drive a new LE 4 door v6. I hit the accelerator and that truck took off and felt like it just kept gaining HP. Within the hour I was the proud owner of a Nissan. The heated seats are great. The leather is nice. The power I wanted was there. The armrests lack, need to be bigger. Fuel economy not great but it is a pick up. About 17 mpg in city, 20 on highway. The truck is really fun to drive. It handles really well in the snow, descent in rain. Glad I bought it.

Leather interior, heated seats and mirrors, long bed with utilitrac.

Armrests need major improvement. Fosgate sound system should be part of the LE package. The back seat could be a little more laid back and not so straight up and down. A little more headroom.

Frontier vs. Tacoma
By jusdukky

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really wanted the Tacoma but after driving both trucks I could not justify the difference in price. The Frontier is a very solid truck and I'm really glad that I checked it out before making a decision. My wife likes to drive the Frontier and she did not like to drive the full sized truck we had before. Very cool and fun truck with plenty of room inside as well as in the bed.

Very smooth ride and transmission. Plenty of power. User friendly interior. Great looking truck and handles pulling our boat with ease.

Headlights could be brighter. Drove 120 miles with the high beams on and not one vehicle flashed their high beams at me.

Very Satisfied
By bob

2008 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Second crew cab owned and very happy with performance and power. Have lots of power to pull a 20 ft. boat without feeling like you're pulling something. I would recommend to anyone to get the V6 for power with great mileage.

Spacious cab and lined bed. My 2008 came with a driverside power seat.

Can use an armrest.

Great truck
By springbranch

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect vehicle for someone who needs a work truck and family vehicle at the same time. Not too big, not too small. Rides great.

A lot of compartments, storage bins. Comfortable seats.

I just wish they had a smaller than 4.0 engine. But 20 miles a gallon for 4.0 engine not bad though.