Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

First Impressions
By Mike

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only owned the vehicle for less than a week now, so this review is not intended to be anything more than the title states. I'm only 5'8" and feel that the seats are made to fit my size perfectly, so taller drivers may have issues with comfort. I'm generally very pleased with everything about this truck and pretty well initially convinced that I made the right purchase. Only time will tell if this is a lasting impression.

4 wheel disk brakes, factory sprayed on bed liner, bed extender, locking tail-gate, full instrumentation (includes oil press and voltmeter not found on competing trucks), double weather-strip seals around doors, ABLS and ABS, thoughtful interior design, 6300 lb tow capacity, powerful and smooth.

Nothing to really recommend at this point, except possibly the fuel mileage could be a bit higher. I replaced a '96 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr with 4.3L V6 165K on the odo and it was getting 21+ mpg around town and close to 25 on the road, but it also didn't have the power and refinement of the Frontier!

Nice truck, but...
By Swarty

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier LE is a nice truck with a few caveats. My complaints seem trivial but here they are. One, the turning radius is abysmal. I know, it's a truck, but I was shocked how bad it was. Also, the key fob had a way of easily being hit. I set off the car alarm at least 15 times in 6 months. Gas mileage is fair. I averaged about 17-18 mpg and about 20 on the highway. Stereo is crappy to say the least. That said, it was fun to drive, had great acceleration, I like the tie down system in the bed and my daughter loved riding in it. If you need a truck that will give decent storage room, you could do a lot worse than this one.

Tie down system in bed is pretty great.

Better stereo, better key fob, beter turning radius, and someday better gas mileage.

I Like It
By pcs

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my truck, but want to be honest in my review. Complaints are 1.) The front seats can't be lowered enough for someone my height (6'2"). I am looking through the blue tint at the top of the windshield at everything above the horizon. 2.) When you go over bumpy road at highway speeds the truck is all over the road. White-knuckles on the steering wheel. 3.) The knobs for the a/c controls couldn't feel any cheaper. It feels like they are about to break off every time I touch them. 4.) Looking at the other reviews, how can anyone give it a '10' for fuel economy? I'm getting about 14.2 mpg.

Good power, drives like a car.

Fix the seats so they can be adjusted 2" to 4" lower. Raise the center armrest to be equal to the side armrests.

Impressive replacement
By Randall

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the Tacoma first, very nice truck that I felt lacked muscle to get up to freeway speed. Tested the Frontier and talk about impressive! The power, ride, options and then the real deciding factor, price! Icing on the cake is the fuel economy. At present with 1500 miles, freeway runs at 75-80 mph, a/c on, I get 21.3. City driving I get a fair 16.

Power to spare and smooth automatic shifting. Storage under the rear seats is handy. Water bottle holders in each door, very nifty! Four additional drink holders is great. Ride is car like. The tie down system is user friendly and above all, functional. Limited slip braking system.

A transmission dip stick that you do not have to unbolt to check fluid level. Diesel option would be the best.

Great value and reliability
By Mozart

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven both Toyota & Nissan trucks. My last truck was an '01 Tacoma 4WD crew cab. When looking for a new truck, it really came down to price. There was no way I could get into a Tacoma for anywhere near the price I got for the Frontier. The truck is much roomier than my '01 Taco. More HP and much better ride on the highway. It's quieter, the seats or more comfortable, with a better view. Same MPG rating too. Bed could be longer. Needs better interior finish.

The rear bed rails and spray in bed liner, with bed extender standard are nice. So is the locking tail gate. I also like the storage under the seats and the water bottle holders in the front doors. The engine is nice and the 5 speed transmission is smooth.

Better interior finish. The hard plastic makes the interior look cheap. The gear shift is a bit of a reach. Split rear window would be nice. The short bed is really short. Maybe add six inches to the bed length.