Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

The Best-of -the-Best!
By Swat

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

XE, kingcab, 4 cyl, 4x2, auto, bedliner, cruise, cd, priv/glass, slide-r-wind: excellent truck, tough, sporty and great on gas (23 mph in town). I chose over Ford, Toyota & Chevy. No comparison (quality + value). Daily driver. Big Nissan 4 cyl powers like the competition's 6 cyl! Rear suspension will handle heavy loads without dipping, "try that with an f150!" I've owned Dodge, Ford & Chevy but Nissan sincerely is the best thus far.

Big powerful 4cyl powers like the competition's 6cyl, yet frugal on gas. Will handle the heavy loads. Nissan is ahead of the competition when it comes to "Price vs. Value/Quality"

Not one single thing! Nissan scorches the competition with respect to quality, functionality & durability in my opinion.

Needed better mpg with this truck
By Bob

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I needed a truck. After I got this one I wasn't getting the mpg I thought I should. Well, one night I was on the interstate and I went just below 2000 rpm, about 1800 and locked in the cruise control. My mpg went up to over 24. My speed was about 65. With the present gas prices this might help you get some better mpg. Now I don't feel so bad. I like this truck. Mine is a 2 wheel drive Nismo with automatic. My best mpg is 27 using this method. I avg about 24 on the highway. Around town , 17 like everyone else. Hope this helps. You can go up to just about any speed and cut your rpms to about 1800 (or a little above) and improve your mpg.

Nice looking truck and you can ride some people with you and be fairly comfortable. Good space in the front for those in the AARP years.

Radio could be a bit better. Armrest a bit higher. Town mileage could be better but it is a truck you know.

Great truck if you dont need a warranty
By 142Nism07

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very fun truck to drive. Practicle, especially since it has bigger capabilities than it's size. One downfall is the service provided by Nissan. Every problem that has occured with this truck, was turned into a big headache for myself. Currently my dealer refuses to acknowledge that my 6spd clutch has a defect and wants to charge me over $1200 for a new one. I officially documented the complaint at 15k miles though I had the issue from new. There are several cases of this specific defect, which should be warrantied. My dealer refuses. Love the truck, hate the service, and I reccomend buying an automatic, due to relaiability. This is not the only problem with the truck, just the most prevelant

Stable ride, fast, utili-track system quite usefull. Solid truck.

Reliability. Service. Warranty. Better Dealers. Dealer Support.

Ahhh... love!
By Kia

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my truck! It drives smoothly, quietly has lots of power, and looks awesome, too!

Comfy interior, high sitting position, cupholders, sunglass holder.

I'd have to agree with some others and say a longer arm rest; and definitely a better turning radius.

Still happy after 1 year.
By rl

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new to replace an '01 2wd Crew Cab SE which was a great truck. I was moving to the Midwest and wanted 4wd. Great advances since then, better in all aspects to the '01. Great motor with acceptable mileage for a truck. I get about 15-16 city, 21+ highway. Some folks don't like the interior, but I don't mind the plastic. It's put together well, and easy to keep clean. Gauges/controls are clear/logically ordered. Sound quality of speakers is good. I primarily an iPod via the aux jack. There is an iPod interface on the 2008s. Get that instead of the disc changer if you can. You might want to consider step rails as it's relatively high off the ground.

Powerful motor. Sure footedness of 4wd w/ traction control in the winter, but you'll still want sandbags. Styling. Overall quality, fit and finish. Sound quality of the speakers / sub woofer. Moveable tie downs in bed. Power sunroof. Trip computer on the odometer. Lots of storage.

Just make the traction control and side airbags standard already. It was a pain to find TC, and I “compromised” by not getting side air bags. Make some LE convenience options available (heated ext mirrors). Lockable exterior storage like in the Ridgeline. Man, the air filter is hard to replace.