Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Gas mileage; - better than expected
By Brunte

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had Nissan cars before, so when we decided to get a truck the Frontier or Titan were the options to consider. After test drive of a Frontier, the choice was real easy. We have just over 4000 miles in two months - no issues what so ever so far. First cross country drive, (1600 miles) towing a 1000 LBS trailer with a 4000 LBS load we got 17 MPG, second longer drive (no trailer, but a SNUG bed cover) we got 21 MPG - I'm sure we'll see 23-25 MPG when we have put 20,000 miles or so on it. By the way, all my driving is at max legal speed, but from a stand still I don't floor it, I can spare the lost 10 seconds.

Car-like ride. Plenty of power (if needed).

6 speed (to improve GPM even further at 70-80 MPH)

Satisfied with my Frontier
By Chad Rossi

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my Frontier for a variety of tasks. I haul drinks for a vending machine business; I use it for hauling materials for the home improvement projects; and I just recently drove it from Baton Rouge to Atlanta for the SEC Championship. It is a solid truck. The only complaint is the poor turning radius. One more thing, if you put in an aftermarket radio it will mess up the airbag system which only the dealer can fix, for an $89 charge.

Bedliner and utilitrac

Turning radius and better radio options

Great Truck
By Dan

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove a Tacoma, didn't like the car like interior. Then drove the Frontier and loved it. I have owned it for 8 months now a have no regrets!!!

Everything.

Maybe the fuel economy, but it is a truck so I can't complain too much.

2007 crewcab
By bub

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving wifes 03 F150 and needed something for myself so I got a fairly good deal on the frontier.The ride is rougher which for me is just fine.

Love the color (red), engine has great power and automactic shifts very smooth. The power group in a must.

The seats are too tall and I hit my head every time when entering truck, radio is terrible, console is way to low & should at least have a outside temp display. Headlights seem is be a tad dim. Int has too much cheap plastic. Turning radius is a joke.

Best pickup yet
By sca1211g

2007 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two Ford 4x4 F-150s, and a Ford Ranger 4x4, this truck crushes all three in terms of power, reliability, "fun factor", off-road performance, ride and overall quality. Hauls three kids, 4,000 lb boat, and all our gear with room & power to spare. Blasted through 12-24 inch snow drifts before any plows had a chance to clear the roads after a nasty Michigan storm. Have pulled many friends' full sized domestics from sloppy mudholes while hunting/fishing up north. Drive around 22,000-25,000 mi per year, no issues as of yet. Use roof rack in conjuction w/ cargo basket more than I thought I would. Bedliner/tiedowns great.

Motor/trans combo=smooth power & torque when needed. Stiff ride outstanding on trails, but not too harsh on pavement. Size and overall utility as family vehicle plus toy hauler for boating or hunting/fishing trips.

Radio overall sound quality could be better, needs iPod jack. No way to disable bed light, very annoying when hunting or camping. Love to see a light/medium duty diesel for better fuel economy w/same tow capacity.