Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nismo
By wardfan0

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

3rd new 4WD Nissan truck. Best yet. Performance is impressive, Offroad capability with electronic rear locker is best in class. Interior comfort is car like. Compared to Tacoma better ride, better interior especially seats. No comparison in options.

Performance and ride, Rockford Fosgate sound system, Nismo package, Seats and interior.

Dash issues. Curved cover over gauges is out of place. Telescoping steering wheel would be nice. Automatic shifter is ugly. Tacoma wins that one.

Awesome truck
By Jamie

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first Nissan and I like it. I've owned ford, chevy, mazda, jeep and I like this Nissan more in the first thousand miles that I drove it than I ever did the others. The reviews that are bad on this truck, they are really nit picking this truck. My wife and I really like this truck. I drove a tacoma and a ford ranger. this was the better choice.

Rockford fosgate, power leather seats, excellent ride for a truck, great power for a V6, bed lock down system, longbed model, sunroof.

Turning radius.

Not bad!
By Randy Collier

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Okay, I was in love with the truck at first sight but the gas mileage (mpg) was bad. Still very shocked that the fuel economy on this truck was that low. I am driving mostly on the freeway and I am only getting 18-19 mpg. The turning radius is abysmal. I have driven smaller and larger trucks and both had better turning radiuses. The radio stinks! Also the the trim on the steering wheel started to rub off. Did you know they use black plastic with a silver finish? They should keep it black so there will not be any rubbing off.

It's a smooth ride.

Improve the mpg or even give us the 4cl diesel from europe. Tighten the turning radius and use a better radio.

So far so good
By Juanito

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a very fun truck to own. It replaced a stolen F-150 which I liked very much, but this is actually more truck for the money. Gas mileage is what you'd expect from a 261 hp V6 and the ride is good. I love the 6M transmission and it shifts like a car. I finally got a chance to fully use the 4wd low in Escalante National Monument in Utah and I can say this truck certainly has the ability to craw up steep slopes. Overall, I have been very pleased with the truck. My only complaint has been a consistent rattle on the driver's side rear door that I will have looked at under warranty. At 3500 miles, I can fully endorse this truck.

My favorite parts are the performance of the 6M transmission behind the 4.0 litre 6 cyl. The little extras have been great too such at the included bed extender, the under rear seat storage and the amount of storage availabe in the cab.

I would like to see a better turning radius. My F-150 had a better one. Obviously the spacing on a 6.1 foot bed quad cab creates this condition, but the rear wheels could be set a little closer in. I wish the truck didn't have this persistent rattle.

Fits my needs perfectly
By LET-CA

2007 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove the 6-cylinder versions and the fun-factor was right off the top of the charts. I really didn't need 261 HP though, and the poor mileage that went with it so I opted for the 4-cylinder XE with all the power options. It's not nearly as powerful as the 6, but the 4 cylinder is more than adequate for my needs. I'm averaging just over 21 mpg and it's improving a little with each tankful as the engine breads in. I'd recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market; good build quality, wonderful ride, and fun to drive. Count me as a happy customer.

The power options, windows, cruise control, automatic transmission, etc make this a very civilized little truck. But it's definitely a truck with a somewhat stiff ride to remind you. I love it.

Get rid of the whip antenna and mount it in the windshield.