Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2007 crew cab review
By sdhk

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a four door pickup to get me to work, pick up groceries and occasionally haul a couple of 2x4s or a couple to dinner. Truck is too big and overpowered for my needs, but a compromise and the best overall choice for me compared to a Tacoma, Canyon, Sport Trac. Lots of minor irritations in the interior design, but the Nissan reputation for reliability was a big selling point for me.

Flip up back seats with removable headrests, solid feel, color and look. Sprayed on bedliner.

Short armrest is my biggest gripe... I can't use it. Turn signal is also a tad bit too short. How about a more reasonable speedometer range that doesn't cramp the numbers? Seat fabric design with holes will catch and hold crumbs. Hard plastic on doors looks cheap. Turning radius and radio subpar.

3 Months and still love it
By Zach J

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was test driving the Frontier and the Tacoma left and right, but I had to go with the Frontier. Since then it has been great. I love the power mostly, but I'm getting between 18 and 20 MPG, which is slow city and highway mixed together. Wish there were a few more features available with the SE model rather than having to upgrade to the NISMO (like a $6K step up). Wanted a better sound system and spray in liner. Nothing I can't do aftermarket though. Plus I can drive on 87 fuel, who wants to pay for 91 in the Tacoma?

Power, acceleration, ride high, 6 spd, nice ride both on highway and around the block.

Radio, speakers, spray in and more upgrades on lower models. Honestly it's pretty hard to complain about this truck. Go see for yourself.

Nissan truck
By snuffboy

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives smooth, sharp interior, very nice to drive. I am very happy with my Nissan Frontier. The only drawback would be the small seats in the king cab, so if you need more room for passengers you should go with the double cab rather than the king cab.

All the storage space, and spacious king cab.

Excellent Truck, Great Price.
By Gonzo1124

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an '06 Honda Ridgeline for the Frontier SE and I am extremely happy with my decision. The Ridge was an okay vehicle, but not a true truck. The short bed was a negative, the squatting of the rear end while towing was not acceptable and the mileage was pitiful at 13 to 14 mpg. The Frontier is a great, good looking real truck with ample towing capacity (6,500 with the V-6) great looks, good ride and a very powerful, with a lot of torque V- 6 engine. My full size motorcycle fits very well in the bed and when towing a trailer, you don't even notice you are pulling something back there. This truck will burn rubber any time you want to from a dead stop.

Powerful engine, looks, ride and towing capacity.

Good truck with some flaws
By 07 Fronty

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck, its very capable off-road and hauls it all around town and on the freeway. I have just under 7k on it and I get the occasional squeak/noise from under the dash, paint chips semi-easily and does GREAT on the freeway, but badly around town. Gas pedal takes a bit to rev. Interior shows scratches like mad. Otherwise, love the looks, features, power.

Power, looks, six speed tranny, MPG on freeway.

Interior! City gas mileage, ground clearance.