Used 2007 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Satisfied with my Frontier
By Chad Rossi

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my Frontier for a variety of tasks. I haul drinks for a vending machine business; I use it for hauling materials for the home improvement projects; and I just recently drove it from Baton Rouge to Atlanta for the SEC Championship. It is a solid truck. The only complaint is the poor turning radius. One more thing, if you put in an aftermarket radio it will mess up the airbag system which only the dealer can fix, for an $89 charge.

Bedliner and utilitrac

Turning radius and better radio options

Great Truck
By Dan

2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove a Tacoma, didn't like the car like interior. Then drove the Frontier and loved it. I have owned it for 8 months now a have no regrets!!!

Everything.

Maybe the fuel economy, but it is a truck so I can't complain too much.

2007 crewcab
By bub

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving wifes 03 F150 and needed something for myself so I got a fairly good deal on the frontier.The ride is rougher which for me is just fine.

Love the color (red), engine has great power and automactic shifts very smooth. The power group in a must.

The seats are too tall and I hit my head every time when entering truck, radio is terrible, console is way to low & should at least have a outside temp display. Headlights seem is be a tad dim. Int has too much cheap plastic. Turning radius is a joke.

Best pickup yet
By sca1211g

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two Ford 4x4 F-150s, and a Ford Ranger 4x4, this truck crushes all three in terms of power, reliability, "fun factor", off-road performance, ride and overall quality. Hauls three kids, 4,000 lb boat, and all our gear with room & power to spare. Blasted through 12-24 inch snow drifts before any plows had a chance to clear the roads after a nasty Michigan storm. Have pulled many friends' full sized domestics from sloppy mudholes while hunting/fishing up north. Drive around 22,000-25,000 mi per year, no issues as of yet. Use roof rack in conjuction w/ cargo basket more than I thought I would. Bedliner/tiedowns great.

Motor/trans combo=smooth power & torque when needed. Stiff ride outstanding on trails, but not too harsh on pavement. Size and overall utility as family vehicle plus toy hauler for boating or hunting/fishing trips.

Radio overall sound quality could be better, needs iPod jack. No way to disable bed light, very annoying when hunting or camping. Love to see a light/medium duty diesel for better fuel economy w/same tow capacity.

2007 crew cab review
By sdhk

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a four door pickup to get me to work, pick up groceries and occasionally haul a couple of 2x4s or a couple to dinner. Truck is too big and overpowered for my needs, but a compromise and the best overall choice for me compared to a Tacoma, Canyon, Sport Trac. Lots of minor irritations in the interior design, but the Nissan reputation for reliability was a big selling point for me.

Flip up back seats with removable headrests, solid feel, color and look. Sprayed on bedliner.

Short armrest is my biggest gripe... I can't use it. Turn signal is also a tad bit too short. How about a more reasonable speedometer range that doesn't cramp the numbers? Seat fabric design with holes will catch and hold crumbs. Hard plastic on doors looks cheap. Turning radius and radio subpar.