Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Bought this after tons of research
By Hooper

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this after doing tons of research. Couldn't beat the value of what we got for our money. Would have preferred a Honda Ridgeline, but they just cost so much its silly. Drove lots of Toyota Tacomas, Ford Sport Tracs, and Frontiers. Nissan was the clear winner.

Utili-track tie down system. Not much wind noise on the high way. Comfort and room. Power, power, and more power.

Gas mileage, but its what you pay for in having all that juice under the hood.

Great truck sized right!
By FKNJR

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 Nissan Frontier LE Crew Cab in Sep 2006 new from the dealership. As soon as I test drove it, I bought it. I love the look of the roof rack (looks like the Xtera) The utilitrack bed system is awesome! I have hauled so much stuff in this truck. I added a Flow Master 40, and an AFE Cold Air Intake. Wow! What a difference. Much better sound, better power. MPG city went to about 18, hwy went to around 24. The only thing I don't like is the legroom. I'm tall, so it's difficult to find anything that has decent legroom. The adjustable seats are great, and very comfortable. Unless you are a general contractor or living on a farm, there is no need for a truck any bigger than this.

The tie down system in the bed. The seats are great (adjustable hip height). It just looks great.

Better MPG. Radio controls on the steering wheel. Towing package installed on the LE.

Great car, Great Price, Make us feel Safe!
By Abel

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ditto to what most have said about power, comfort and even the mileage isn't bad. Learn to drive with the flow and accelerate when necessary (not 20 feet from a red like most drivers!) and you can easily get 16-17 on street and I can get 24-25 on highway with cruise control from San Diego to LA.

Just plain fun to drive!

Some of the plastic parts need a bit better alignment. Maybe a bit thicker leather like my Murano!

Man I love my first truck
By 06_frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2004 Honda Crv ex. I am 18 and this is my first truck. It is a fun, well appointed vehicle. I actually like some of the plastic in the cabin because of its tuff truck feel. The engine is a marvel to hit with your foot. It gives me chills and goosebumps thinking about it. It's been there and for having it only two days and driving it already almost 200 miles getting a great 17 city, I'm thrilled.

Gutsy engine, would like to have a supercharger on that bad-boy. The firm seats which are very helpful when ur on long roads and have to stay in your vehicle awhile. The nice jump from the overdrive on when the pedal is pushed. It feels just like an old muscle car of yore.

Gas mileage just by about 2 or 3. The antenna is sensitive over big bumps and wish there was an option to later transfer the vehicle to a NISMO. The american dealers do this for the offroad and other packages but not Nissan.

Best midsize pickup, period
By abby

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck! The six-speed transmission feels good and the engine gets wound up quick. A K&N kit gave the V6 a deeper note that sounds awesome. The exterior looks like a functional truck, not some toy. There's just the right amount of chrome. The wheels look good. The seats are comfortable and the ride is smooth enough for long highway rides, even with the stiffer Nismo suspension. Dash layout is intuitive, although they could have done with a few less buttons on the radio. Overall, it's just a really nice-looking, well-powered, functional midsize truck. You can't beat it.

Engine note, Sirius radio, acceleration, reliability.

"Rear seats" are as useless in 2006 model as they were in a 1991 Nissan King Cab I used to drive, but I guess that's what you get with the King Cab instead of the Crew Cab. Gas mileage is disappointing for a midsize truck. Other than that, no complaints.