Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Pretender
By Morris

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Nissan Frontier does not deserve to be rated near the top of this class. I wish I would have gone with a Toyota or even the Chevy. The build quality on the Nissan is average at best and the engine is very sluggish for supposedly having over 260hp. The gas mileage is poor for a compact pickup, I used to get better from my full size. This truck doesn't come close to measuring up to a Toyota in any way, and I would even rate the Chevy a better truck for the money. I would not recommend this truck to anyone.

The bed liner and utili-track system in the bed.

Better engine, more refined ride, a limited slip that is actually useful, better paint quality, a floor shift for the 4wd, more comfortable seats, a more useful center console, less plastic in the interior (it scratches very easily), a spring or latch on the fuel door, improved rear window defroster

'06 Nissan Frontier SE Automatic
By rowdycowboy85

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE this truck! The only thing that's a slight downer for me at this point is gas mileage (only cause gas is so high. It wasn't so bad when I first got it) but it's still great for a truck. The power of this thing is almost beastly. It's light rear end can make your tires squeal easily, especially in the rain. Push the pedal and you GO with this baby. It's especially quick on the highway between about 70 and 90. I've never had any real problems with it at all. At least nothing to speak about. If you can afford this vehicle and are in the market for a great truck then I'd highly suggest you buy one.

The power, the size. It's comfortable for me. Everything is pretty much where I want it.

The stock stereo could be a little better. I would rather the jump seats in the back face each other than sit straight forward.

Hate to see it go
By Masked Bandit

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my "Fronty" last fall when I was getting back into a truck. I had it narrowed down to this or an Avalanche. I chose the Frontier based on prior Nissan ownership that was rock solid. This truck has not let me down. The only problem is that with two kids now (both in car seats) there just isn't enough room in the back. Other than not fitting the two car seats, this is probably by far the best truck I've ever owned. TONS of power, very reasonable gas mileage if you keep your foot light and the factory Rockford Fosgate stereo is amazing. Once these rug rats are out of the car seats I'll be back to a Frontier.

Rockford Fosgate stereo, POWER, tie-down system in the bed (forget what it's called), great fit & finish, value... way better bang for the buck over Toyota Tacoma.

Give me a few different colours on the interior. Even on my top of the line LE with leather, it's like someone painted everything on the inside with the same can of grey paint. Also, if the back seats were 15% bigger, I'd never own another truck.

BUY ONE!!!!!
By Alec

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I use my truck for hauling, towing, hunting, and as a daily driver. I get around 18 mpg all around mostly in city driving with my mom driving a lot of them and she is bad at driving a stick shift. It has very good offroad capabilities. It is very fast and has a lot of power and torque. It has a very big bed and i can fit my yamaha kodiak (fourwheeler) in the back. People and edmunds often complain about the hard plastic interior, but you have to remember that this is a truck not a little car and hard plastic is tough and will last. Buy a Frontier

6 speed manual, power, mpgs, high ground clearance, great ride, low road noise, and layout of controls

Better sound system hard wired for an ipod, better stock tires, 4x4 shifter and manual locking hubs ( more reliable), more skid plates

Go with the NISMO!!
By Andrew Brill

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an 06 Frontier NISMO, and love it!! 42000km and no problems except for gas tank hinge and window tracks. Lots of power on and off the pavement. Overall, great truck!!

6 speed manual, rear-locking diff, lots of power.

Gas mileage, paint chips too easily, interior design could be more flashy