Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!
By andy

2006 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have the xe 4 cyl in an automatic, I swapped the tires and rims and this truck can do anything! Very very happy with my purchase... Just change the oil and go! Tuff truck! No problems and it just turned 43,000 miles. I bought it used, great gas mileage for a truck... Can tow, haul anything I throw at it! Just love it!

quality, interior and exterior looks, can't pinpoint just one thing.. just love it all around...

none....? maybe better turning radius

Repair Nightmare
By Mike

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoyed the truck for the first 6 months and then the run on repairs started, first was new rackinpion system, then came the new steering column, then new tie rods, and now finally over $500 to find and repair the leak causing the Service Engine Light to stay on. This was the 5th Nissan I've owned (2nd Frontier) and will be my last. I've talked to several mechanics both Nissan and private and all have expressed the downward trend of Nissan's reliability.

A great all around truck
By G.V.Romano

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a leftover '06 and have driven it almost 50k miles in 2yrs. and 9 months. Nothing has ever gone wrong, zero problems. I'd like a little better in town mileage but who wouldn't ? I'm 6'1" and I can drive this truck for days at at time and am always comfortable unlike the Toyota I also looked at. This truck has taken me off road, hauling approx.400 lbs. up a logging road and it felt like it was empty. I've used it for work and play and I've never second guessed my buying choice. It handles very well, better than some cars I've driven. The engine is stout and the transmission always knows what gear to be in. The steering very communicative and the truck feels nimble and responsive.

Steering, handling and power.

Yes, the interior could be a little more plush, but at the end of the day, it is a truck. I'd like to have heated side view mirrors but that's all that comes to mind.

Great All-Around Truck
By jaynovak

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have driven exclusively Nissan Cars and Trucks since 1987, as have my 2 sons. Never had any problems with them. This 4.0 6 speed has awesome power and load capacities. I was driving 25 miles to work on rural roads and getting 24 mpg at 60-70 mph. Now retired and drive in town, and still get 22 mpg. 2 hints for mileage, drive easily when you accelerate and use a good grade of gas. I was getting 20 mpg using a discount gas, but switched to shell and get steady 22+, using regular.

Power and dependability and quality. I have now problem with Ford V-8's or Dodge V-8's.

Extend the cab about 12 more inches and put bench seat in back.

Great Truck Good Value
By Ohio Frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a USED 2006 NISMO 4x4 38000 miles. On the drive home 21 MPG at about 70 MPH cruise control. Around town 15.6 MPG. I was concerned that the truck was going to be too stiff with the 4x4 and NISMO package. However it is very smooth to drive on pavement with low road noise and sturdy feel. Happy with my purchase everyone should look at this truck if you want a mid size. The Tacoma had a bad seating position for long trips and the domestic trucks just don't measure up. This is my first Nissan and so far so good.

Rockford Fosgate system is nice and sounds great. Nice on center steering feel. Not to big but plenty of room inside.

I like the NISMO seats for the adjustment however the seat pad could be a little longer. The sunroof takes up a lot of the rear seat headroom you can still put a 6' person back there just looks tight.