Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Very Happy
By PacificCoast

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Nismo CC 4x4, fully loaded. It was used, with 10,000 miles. I had read before that people claim it drives like a sports car, and it really does. It is a blast to drive. I have also been very pleasantly surprised with how smooth the ride is, even on the worst freeways (and even with the Nismo package). It has lots of room in the back seat, and a roof that rises so that taller people can sit in the back seat without hitting their head. Transmission is smooth, power plentiful. Rockford fosgate sound system is terrific. This truck is tough, it looks great, and it drives nice. What more could one ask for? Fuel economy is not bad for a truck.

Power, sports car feel, smooth transmission. Sunroof, Rockford Fosgate stereo (with controls on the steering wheel), exterior looks. Lots of interior room.

Better mud flaps to stop chips on the front side of the rear fender (if you buy one, get side steps to help prevent chipping), more modern interior/dash (a little less plastic).

Fullsized Midsize
By mossinit

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The drive train on this truck is rock solid. The 4.0 begs to be revved but still has surplus power off idle. I optioned the 6 speed manual that came mated to a Dana 44 rear axle, heavy duty stuff for a midsized truck. I have used my truck extensively off road in the Adirondacks and found its size ideal for mountain fire roads.

Engine, drive train, looks, 6 speed, Dana rear-end

People have complained about the plastic interior. I find this a non- issue as it is easy to clean and won't tear or rip. I installed an AirAid cold air intake and throttle body spacer and improved my mpg by 4 to 23 CTY 27 HWY while increasing power.

In front----Frontier
By Mitchelm

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has all things a truck should be, power,room for 5,looks, and NO problems. Quiet and smooth on less than perfect roads. Avg.20 mpg. Easy to park and get out of tuff parking spots. Sits high enough to allow you to see ahead of avg. autos on road today. I belive it may be one of the safer trucks on the road.

Tie downs on sides and floor and inside front bed of truck

Make the cargo area a little bigger, and come standar with tow package.

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4WD Crew Cab
By P-W-R

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Attractive exterior styling. Compact size makes it very easy for person of limited height to access bed. Very nice sprayed in bedliner with innovative load locking system. All controls are within easy reach inside. Driver's seat could, however, have more adjustments. Very responsive 4.0 litre engine. Truck towed my camper up some very steep hills with ease, particularly after downshifting, it took off like I had nothing in tow when I had just over 2,000 pounds! Very impressive. For the money and when compared with its Toyota counterpart, seems to me to have "more bang for the buck." In other words, I belive I was able to obtain more optional equipment for the price I paid

Responsive engine, exterior styling. Easy access bed with load locking system.

Larger bed, more adjustments to driver's seat.

What I expected and more!
By Joe DeStefano

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have used my Frontier for long trips of 100 miles or more on at least 10 occassions since buying it as well as excursions on the beach and off-road. It has been comfortable all the way. I have traveled with three adults on trips of more than 200 miles with no complaints from the back seat passengers. I even used it to remove the remnants of a tree that I was unable to dig out. It is high enough to see over traffic but not uncomfortable when entering numbers on a keypad to a parking lot. The utili-track system is versatile and easy to use. The only aspect I have not used is the towing but in soft sand it was flawless in 4WD- L. The air conditioner control unit had to be replaced initially.

The R/F ten speaker audio system is exceptional with the satellite radio. The utili-track system is functional and easy to use. Homelink is convenient for opening my garage.

The only feature I truly wish was available for my Frontier is the dual- zone climate control system I saw in a Murano.