Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

5 star
By thejoker009

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun mid-size truck with full size feel. The power is perfect for this truck. Love driving it.

body design

more standard features

Great New Truck
By jd

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My son bought an '06 Frontier, and I liked it so much that I wanted one. Traded in an '03 V8 Dakota for my new Nissan. I liked the Dodge, but I like the Nissan better. It's just the right size, and is comfortable on the road, and really quiet. Radio and speakers are pretty darn good for the stock system. AC and climate controls are good, I think the interior needs a bit of "upscaling" (too much boring plastic), and the turning radius is far too big for this size truck. My mileage has varied from 18 to 23, but better than my previous Dodge. But the pluses far outweigh the negatives, and I have no regrets purchasing the Frontier. I recommend you drive and compare. You'll like it...

Like the looks of the truck-hunky big chrome grill, big wheels and tires. Like the ride and the quiet cab.

Improve the looks of the interior - too much cheap looking plastic, and make the fog lamps standard, and put a trim piece on the side of the truck to break up the slab look. I purchased a dealer installed side molding, and I think it improved the appearance of the truck.

in love
By macharia

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

fell in love with this truck the 1st time i saw it finally bought it and it makes my day everyday i drive it

high ground clearance and everything else

dvd player

Awesome Power
By crazzzycanuck

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned many trucks over the years, and this 2006 Nissan Frontier 4WD is by far the best yet! Power, body style, reliability and toughness make it one truck I'll be using for a long time.

Great mid-sized truck.
By Tzar Igor

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching many trucks bought the 2006 KC 4WD Nismo automatic with traction control and upgraded sound. Great looking truck with excellent performance and features. This is the third Nissan truck; previous two served well past 200K before being sold. Unfortunately to get the upgraded sound system the utility bed packaged is forced on you. Since installing a shell on the truck, the rails are totally useless.

Powerful engine, all wheel disc brakes with ABS, sound system, rear doors.

Fuel economy needs improvement. The analog/digital integration in the instrument panel will not win any design awards. Rear seats in the KC are still only good for children.