Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Fun To Drive NISMO
By Rocketman67

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I brought this truck to replace my '95 GMC KC Sonoma 4x4 V6 5sp. I had about 115k miles of pretty trouble free miles. The biggest annoyance was the drive train noise when rowing the gears. Their was a LOT of gear backlash. When I took it to the dealer they said it was NORMAL and I should dampen the noise with using the clutch more........yea right! The shifter looked like it came out of a school bus or something. Gas mileage was 18-19 in the city and about 21-22 highway which wasn't too bad. I was going to to replace the Sonoma with the new Colorado/Canyon until I heard that GM in all their (stupid) infinite wisdom decided to put an I5 instead of a V6 or I6. So I bought a Frontier.

That World Class V6 engine with all that HP and Torque and equal or better MPG than my '95 Sonoma. Ya just got to love the 6speed transmission mated to this engine. Nissan boys knew what they were doing. The looks are really appealing! I've had many compliments with silver exterior and blue seats.

When you order the NISMO package the interior should compliment the exterior NISMO name. It doesn't. Nissan should offer an all black interior option with white instrument cluster or some other color scheme for the interior. Recalibrate the ECU to accept premium fuel if you so desire.

Thumbs Up to Nissan
By texastruckgirl

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time Nissan owner. Love this truck. Roomy interior is user friendly. Tows like a champ. You get instance power when petal to the metal. Sharp looking truck all the way around.

Powerful truck, roomy, comfortable.

floor board interior lighting. Rear seat 12 volt plugs. Longer bed length. Headrests on seats might be improved to promote better visual.

Cool Truck!
By RM

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I traded in my Xterra for it. I got the last '06 at a great price, fully loaded. It has great style and is so fun to drive. I plan on towing with it and it obviously has great power. I look forward to long relationship with my truck!

iPod interface, heated seats

Fuel economy, GPS option

2006 xe frontier
By mike

2006 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is a good solid truck, I went with the 4cyl for gas mileage 18 city 20 highway. The truck does not have much power so go with the 6cly if you tow. The truck has 2 recall items both minor door latch, gas cap other than that no problems. I wanted a tacoma but this similar frontier was $2700 less.

Price gas mileage and hopefully nissan dependability.

Nicer wheels.

Great Truck
By TM

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I've owned a Toyota and believe me it is a Toy compared to the Frontier.

Bed

Interior quality. Too much hard plastic.