Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

A truck for all seasons
By LLS

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all of the trucks in this size and the only truck that was close was toyota. Snow storm in Illinois proved the frontier will blaze you a trail when others are in the ditch. Only problem with this truck is going too fast and not even knowing it. I have a little less than 10,000 on my 2006 and have had no problems with this truck. I cannot say the same with the dodge, gmc, or ford

The power and the gas mileage for a four wheel drive truck

Sticker on speed "can be going faster than you think"

Tough act to follow
By john

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm really impressed,this is my first nissan, really a bold look, powerful, and really fun to drive, very comfortable!! I have always been a ford man but their is no comparison,im a nissan man now.

Bold look,powerful engine,towing capacity,and overall STYLING

A little better stereo system

More hp
By KEVIN

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 06 wrangler (190 hp) i-6 and my 05 f150 v-8 (235 hp) v-6 nissan (265 hp) one truck one payment one insurance better mileage than both more power than both, better everything including warranty. Great in the snow and off road. No problems, someday detroit will wake up, well hopefully!!

Ride quality, great power!!!!!

Just get rid of the back seats, they are unusable anyway

More bang for $$ then Tacoma!
By Critter

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great midsize truck,plenty of getty up,handle and rides nice for a 4x4. You'll pay 2-3 K for Tacoma same equipt. Don't think Toy is that much better if at all! Fuel is so-so 16-18 normal. 20-22 Hiway! Yes would buy again best truck I've had in along time. It's head and shoulder over my old 94 Nissan. Had 160 k when I bought the new one. Bang the buck Frontier is it!

Engine feels like small V8.

Turning radius,too big!

From a '95 Sonoma to an '06 NISMO
By Rocketman67

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a truck that I new I was going to like when I ordered it but never thought it would be this nice. She is not perfect by any means but it's a truck that when I get behind the wheel I just like to drive and drive an not necessarily go anywhere. It just feels good being behind the wheel. It has the NISMO package which I thought would have been a harsh ride but even upping the air in tire to 40 PSI is still comfy.

My favorite features are in this order: 1) The VQ6 2) The 6speed manual 3) Exterior design 4) Sprayed in bedliner with track system 5) Radio(6 cd upgrade package) 6) Over all built quality (that's a given) 7) MPG's are as good if not better than with my '95 GMC Sonoma.

Make the NISMO package compliment the interior. The plane jane Frontier and NISMO interior look the same except for the NISMO floor mats...... :( Offer a white gauge package and or different interior like all black when you opt for the NISMO.