Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nismo Frontier
By Voto

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have put 15K on my NISMO since I bought it last spring. Someone run a light and totaled my Chev S-10 Highrider with a 4.3, and this Nissan is the only new truck with the power that matched that. Overall I'm very happy, plastic interior scratches to easy, but a very stout and good looking truck. Just put on the NISMO cold air intake with headers, some remapping and timing adjustments and I have over 300 ft lbs of torque and 285 hp, with the catback system that is coming out I should push over 300 ponies. mileage could be better, but this truck will run.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda
By john smith

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Clutch burned out before 12,000 miles, mechanic would not talk to me directly about the issue, in shop 3 times for over 30 days and still not resolved.. no loaner while in shop, clutch not working under 32 degreesF, hard to see out when backing up, small mirrors with no factory extensions nor aftermarket accessories for towing, no low rpm torque for trailer towing even at 1/2 of advertised towing ability. Very disappointed after 4 previous Nissan's. Am 7,000 upside down after one year and truck back in shop for estimated 2 weeks of repairs! Rental CAR costs me $50 a day in the mean time. Is putting me out of business and NMAC is happy to be closed in evenings... be wary!

21 mpg highway

visibility, larger mirrors, more low end torque, no more manual tranny for ME with no torque.. impossible even without trailer to take off without emergency brake and possibly spilling my drink. No cruise is very irritating. For $23,000... not much truck. Regret purchase

Loving This Truck!
By CarolinaUte

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan and so far this is the best new car (err truck) experience I've ever had. I sold my 2003 Toyota Tacoma and after a lot of research and test drives between the '06 Tacoma and Frontier , I decided on the Nissan. I have NO regrets! The workmanship is top notch, unlike my Tacoma that rattled behind the glove box. No rattling in this truck! The power and looks are great, I have had comments at the gas station when I filled up on how great it looks. Its off-road handling is exceptional. Nissan did a great job offering some nice features in the 4x4 model (slip control, downhill assist breaking, etc.). The only thing I would wish for is better gas mileage.

Power, looks (interior/exterior design), Rockford Fosgate sound system, quality and price.

Fuel economy

Love It
By JB

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about my Frontier. I do a lot of beach driving and can say I never have come close to getting stuck. The V6 265HP has surprising pickup. Rides great on the highway and it's comfortable too. Mileage could improve but I get around 21MPG on the highway so I can't complain too much. I drove the Tacoma and it can't compare.

4WD, ride, quality built in, style, tinted back windows

mileage

4x4 on/off road performance
By Amanda

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Newly acquired nissan frontier 4x4 only so far driven on paved road surfaces, the vehicle has good power in acceleration and braking, the ride is smooth for a truck, the ground clearance is sufficient for normal not too extreme use,the steering is smooth, easy to turn the wheel, So far my overall review is very good for this truck, I have yet to test drive off road on uneven surfaces to see how the truck handles and responds in 4x4 drive mode

I like the new exterior body design, full one piece quarter panels, chrome front and rear bumpers,the interior design is good also lots of room

crew cab rear seat when in the up position the head rest on the top of the seat blocks the view when reversing you connot see the truck bed corners