Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Awesome truck!
By Steve

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck! It has been an incredible driving truck since my first test drive. I really was not even in the market, having just purchased a 2006 Tundra doublecab 4x4 SR5. We were at the dealership looking for a ride for my son, and I just wanted to take a ride in one, and that's all she wrote. It's a much better ride than the land barge I just bought a year ago. The v6 power plant Nissan uses is vastly superior to the gas guzzling v8 in the Tundra. I average about 20 mpg (6 spd. manual). The best I could muster in the Tundra was 16.5 mpg. I actually got 23.5 mpg on a trip to the coast! Way easier to park in tight situations than the Tundra. Check out the Frontier, it won't disappoint!!

265hp V6 w/6 spd. manual trans., it drives like a (dare I say it) sports car!! 6500 lb towing capacity.

NONE!

2005 Nissan Frontier XE
By Joe

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice truck to own. Very sharp looking truck. All my friends like the look of it and how it rides. Only problems I notice are: (1) your legs come close to hitting the lower dash; (2) truck horn is very wimpy and truck should have two horn buttons at each edge of steering wheel, not just one in center that is hard to use; (3) don't plan on getting any custom wheels for it because the 6 X 114.3 lug pattern is not standard size - there are very few makers of custom rims that will fit on the truck, very few custom rims will fit; (4) interior should have two dome lights, one near front of cab and other near the back of cab.

Excellent gas mileage and the seats make it comfortable to ride in.

05 Frontier Crew Cab SE 2WD V6 Auto
By Rob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months and 21000 miles, I can honestly say I love this vehicle! Powerful engine, smooth ride, just dosent feel like a truck. I have driven my truck on several long trips and it cruises effortlessly at 80-85 mph, very quiet and comfortable. I've owned Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas and a VW, and can say that so far, this is my favorite. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this truck too, especially the engine/transmission and fit and finish. I would definitely recommend that anyone looking at a mid-size truck to do yourself a favor and check out the Frontier!

Engine/transmisson, four wheel disc brakes, sunroof, utilitrack/bedliner, tow ability (I tow a boat with it), handles like a car, fun to drive!

Brakes sometimes squeak when backing up, paint chips very easily, that's about it.

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE
By Steve

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE . It has the 5 speed manual transmission with powerful 4 cylinder engine which is also great on gas. I get a lot of nice compliments since I've had it.

Seat comfort is great and the truck style is nice. Four wheel disk brakes and a timing chain instead of rubber belt. That's what sold me on the truck.

Horn button should be near edge of steering wheel. And do not place body caulk near front of bed where drain channel are located because it blocks water from draining under bed liner near front R and L corners.

2005 Nissan
By Jo

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for 2 years now with 19,555 miles,bought new. Been an excellent truck for 2 years, no problems at all.Bought the basic XE with the 4cyl,stick with bedliner and bed caps, XE preferred package, and floor mats. Listed for 18090.00,paid 14500.Truck averages about 22 mpg,and is very comfortable to drive and handles well. Does fine on the highway, runs at 85 MPH with no problem and seems to be willing to offer more.This is my 3rd Nissan,but by far the best I have ever owned. I've waited 2 years to really judge the vehicle and I couldn't be happier

Look and size of the truck, willing to work,and has been super reliable.In 2 years this truck hasn't given me a bit of problems.

The window handles are in an awkward place,to recessed for me.Would like the light for the ignition to stay illuminated longer after closing the door.Pretty trivial I know,but had to say something.