Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 133 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Decent Truck
By Montana

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is powerful, and very responsive. The quality is good, the ride is smooth. The truck has a great turning radius. I have taken this truck hunting and climbed over some pretty rough hills in Eastern Montana without a hitch; the truck grips! Ground clearance is plentiful as well. The truck is genuinely off-road capable. Very fun truck to drive. The only real negative I have had is in regard to the body design. If you drive on any gravel at all, the rear wheel flares get beat up pretty badly. I had to buy a bottle of touch up paint. Hopefully Nissan will do something about that in the 06 Model.

Offroad capable, powerful.

Rhino liner on rear wheel flairs to stop paint chipping.

me
By jim

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

drive about 55-60 miles a day. it gets right in to the flow of trafic very well. i get about 270 to 300 miles by 1/2 a tank.

love the room like the way it drives and the size of my truck.

better shocks tires

Another Great Truck
By Spawnman

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just found a brand new 2005 Frontier on the lot, bought it in less than 1 hour. Traded in my 2000 Frontier. This is an awesome truck. If it didn't have a bed in the back I wouldn't believe it's a truck! Rides and the doors close like a car. Very quite inside while driving.

Quitness, comfortable, guages in great places, visibility

Better mileage would be nice, but I knew that going into it. Also the center armrest needs to be high or at least more forward. Seems like it's behind me and not very usable.

Frontier Crew Cab 4wd 6spd
By simple7

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck! I was all set to buy the toyota but hesitated at the price and unwillingness of the dealership to make a deal. After directly comparing both trucks side by side at the dealershp and driving them back to back, I thought the Nissan was a better truck, and a better price. I have hauled huge loads, taken long road trips and even rallycrossed the truck and it never lets me down. Its just a great utility vehicle and just happens to be fun to drive as well.

An exhaust and factory foglights were necessary improvements.

Exceeds my expectations
By ShiverMeTimbers

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my LE '05 CC for just over 4 months now (first truck ever) and couldn't be happier. The truck sells itself, even impressing some dyed-in-the-wool american brand only types. I think this truck might last as long as my old volvo (200k+ miles). As for the reviewers complaining about the ride, you really need to ride in a sport sedan like my wife's Maxima SE!! If you want a car that floats along the road, you need to buy a Lincoln.

utili-track in-bed tiedown system(!!!), overall styling, roof rack, seat comfort, power, ride.

body integrity -- I've been plauged by small squeeks and rattles when driving over bumpy roads at around 20mph. It's been to the stealership once, but still squeeks. I think there's a service bulletin out to replace the fuel pump and bracket to fix the squeeking.