Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Love it!!! 100+ mi and still kicking!
By Jason

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Silverado with the 5.3L V8 a couple vehicles before this one. This is just as powerful, if not more, with the 4.0 V6. I live near the city so I wanted something a little more agile but still had plenty of muscle for all my excursions. This truck does perfect. 4WD makes it a billy goat. LOVE THE NISMO! You really don't have to do anything to this truck when you have that package...except maybe a bigger tire. By the way, 285 BFG AT's fit perfect with no modifications or rubbing. The interior design is perfect. Controls seem to be built for men (easy and straight forward). Opt for the Rockford sound system if possible. 6-Disc CD Changer is pretty convenient.

Nismo package, 4 Door, factory bed liner, looks, bulletproof.

factory ipod interface standard (available for ~$200)

bullet resistant
By dorfsmurfal

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought news. was over $9000 less than the base Tundra. Has 4L six, massive power lousey gas mileage. Just towed a steel two horse trailer with two horses up 15% grade to yosimite pulled like a champ. Only mechanical issues is rear end went out under warranty and fuel sensor. Factory replaced with no issue. Nissan has way cooler looks than Toyota and a better overall value than Toyota. Some interior noise and squeaks. But I off road. I just changed the facotry tires and brakes at 78,000 miles. Every time I go to the dealer they try to buy it from me. Ran the sand dunes at Pismo fine people couldn't believe the power or abilities. Did I mention no accelorator problems? GO NISSAN!

Power, Looks, Driving Comfort, Ergonomics

Better finish, better MPG

Indestructable Nissan
By chappyk

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 92 Nissan Pickup that was great, so I purchased this one. I have not been disappointed. This truck is rugged and looks aggressive. The previous owner equipped it with more aggressive tires which killed the ride, but gave it much more traction. The interior is rugged too. Hard plastic may not be elegant, but it wears well anf fits the character of the truck. The bedliner is bulletproof and the Utili-track system is ingenious. The truck was inexpensive and a great value. I haven't been able to use the rear locking axle because I haven't been able to get this 2WD stuck. Amazing.

Clever interior storage. Reliability.

Limited room behind the seat in the king cab. Should have sprung for the crew cab.

Nissan won't back their product
By mikey

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck used with 15K and it now has 53K. For relatively few miles there has been some real issues! -Constant squeaks in the suspension will never be corrected. -I had the common fuel sending unit go out at 49K miles. It should have been covered under the 60K 5 yr warranty but they denied the coverage and I am currently fighting with them -The paint quality is terrible. With little research I was able to find I am not the only one that has paint just randomly start bubbling and peeling with no chip or scratch even starting it! Nissan consumer affairs is totally unprofessional and untimely to be in coherts with. Very disappointing they can't stand behind their product.

Comfortable, Price, Options, Power, style, Handling. Pretty much I love the truck

Use higher quality materials. Stand behind your product when it falls apart.... BUYER BE WARY

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab RWD SE MT
By BigTaka

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my used truck 4 years ago for work with 15K miles already on it. I have put 60K additional miles on and have had no mechanical issues. I do get a chirping sound from the air vents after I turn the ignition off and the dealership can't figure out the issue. I've only changed the belts, done regular maintenance and am due to have the breaks changed for the first time. The gas mileage is less than desirable as I average 18-19mpg whether I am in the city or driving long distances on the highway. The rear seat is not the most comfortable as it sits straight up and does not offer much leg room. The power is decent and it has functioned fine when towing.

Smooth ride, long lasting breaks, good power.

Gas mileage, rear sear comfort, paint chipping.