Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Big improvement!
By Bob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '98 Frontier with more than 130,000 miles on it. Dead reliable and relatively economical, but ride was harsh and interior uncomfortable for long trips. Nissan learned their lesson with the new Frontier. Very comfortable, roomier, and the increased torque make this heavier vehicle peppier than its predecessor. I got the plain jane of the line, but am very satisfied with the package. Toyota wouldn't try to find a 4 cylinder Tacoma, but the Nissan dealer was happy to and cut a great deal. Average 22 mpg around town; 24 on the road. Nice job, Nissan!

Interior comfort. Standard tach. Good sound system. Fuel economy.

Locking gas door.

Love this truck
By Tim

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited for a long time to purchase a midsize truck and I am glad I did. Love this truck. Love the horsepower. Love the exterior design. Love the quality. Love the build in tie-down system in the truckbed. GREAT vehicle so far.

Exterior styling and horsepower.

Less plastic in the interior.

The Prime Truck
By Shulton

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Too much low quality plastic inside easy to break. Engine noise after 4 months, it starts when RPM hits 2200, unable to fix by dealer and not recognize by Nissan as defect. It does not affect performance, but it's annoying.

Powerful V6 engine, roomy interior, great bed features. Factory applied spray bedliner and a useful bed channel tie-down system.

Uncomfortable back seats, too much plastic interior.

Lovin' It
By Bob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Crew Cab in May, 05. Almost 11,000 miles now & still love it. Everything I wanted in a small pickup. Couldn't touch the Toyota (Price) and am now glad I didn't. Rides like a car on the highway. Roomy & confortable. Love that 4.0 liter V6. Strong and smooth. Pulls along in 6th gear at 75 mph around 2100 rpm. This is my 20 year vehicle.

Full power in this SE model including sunroof. 6 airbags! Spray in bedliner right from factory. Did I mention that this is my 20 year vehicle?

No remote for power locks (Nissan's way of getting more money out of you - $100 quoted from dealer for 1 remote). Heavy tailgate. Rubber bumpers for tailgate have disappeared. Extra large headrests and rear seat grab handles have created very large blind spots in this truck. Still a 20 year veh.

Favorite Truck Ever!!!
By Jason

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4-Nissan trucks prior to my recent Nismo purchase and if Nissan keeps building like this I'll be back for another! This is by far my favorite one. The Rockford Fosgate, XM, Snrf, roofrack, bug-guards, bed extenders etc etc are great! I went for Aztec red and love it. I get compliments on it alot. I looked at the Toyota but they don't offer sunroofs and the Frontier just looks better. Other than minor a minor squeek in the dash this ruck is awesome. I love to drive it every chance I get and it pulls my 19' ski boat nicely. Good Job Nissan!

Curb appeal, XM, SUNROOF(Hear that Toyota?), cabin space.

LEATHER!