Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

"Unfortunately my Wife LOVES it!!!
By Tim

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to put some miles and seasons on my new 4x4 before I gave my review. I love it more now than when I 1st bout it. I used to own a Chevy S10 4x4 that I had to put in reverse to engage the 4x4--a real pain!!! With this 4x4on the fly, I can't wait for it to snow. It's got great ground clearance and cuts through deep snow like butter! My wife uses any excuse to drive it, I can't get her out of it. I love the spray-in bedliner with the util-trac rails. With the bed extender i go from a 5' to 6'bed. Interior is very comfortable and a smooth ride. 265hp acceleration very powerful. test drove dodge durango as well. NO comparison. Gas mileage @16- 20. Could use heated outside anti-fog mirrors

auto dimming mirror w/temp/compass. sray-in bedliner with UTIL-trac rails. the V-6 265hp engine. Seats are really comfortable with plenty of room. Everything's Great!!!

They should copy the Honda Ridgelines trunk in the bed w/electric outlet. I had top of line Frontier LE but no heated anti-fog mirrors, could use that. And possibly a remote controlled WIFE ejection seat!

Still love it after 1 year
By James

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Nismo Frontier just over a year ago. I still volunteer to drive friends places just to drive it and look over my shoulder after I park it just to see it again. It's been great in every way. My favorite vehicle I've owned yet.

Power, looks, functionality.

none

Great Truck
By Mike

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at all the Mid sized trucks, no better bang for the buck in the Frontier. Toyota would have been at least 6k more and who wants an 11 MPG dakota, an that's it in the mid-sized market. All that aside I love this truck! drives great fun to drive. absolutely no complaints. if your looking BUY ONE.

Speed, design, driveability.

Center console should be a bit higher so you can better rest your arm on it while you drive, I seem to hit the high beams often when i am just trying to signal a turn.

05 Frontier
By WMacork

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Body integrity needs work. Tailgate hinges have been replaced but tailgate is too heavy and has caused body damage to lower part of tailgate. Fosgate radio is good but two bands of AM and only 1 of FM doesn't make sense. Satellite from Nissan is too expensive even though convenient. My spouse doesn't like the passenger seat for trips but driver's seat is very comfy. Reliability has been very good except body integrity.

Acceleration. Back seat pocket for drivers seat. Rear air and heat vents for the 4 door. Search/Seek on steering wheel controls

Carbon fiber tailgate or graduated opening like the Titan. dual band FM radio if you don't have satellite.

More for your $$ thanToyota
By Dana

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had every intention of purchasing a Tacoma double cab 4x4 but came home with a Frontier 4x4 Nismo crew. Definitely a lot more bang for the buck, interior feels more spacious with incredible power to spare. I was impressed with the build quality & ride. I have owned both a SE-V6 King cab pickup & SE-V6 Pathfinder years ago & decided to come back to Nissan after a long Toyota run. Yes, Toyota makes a very nice product but was totally impressed with the new Frontier's. Interior perhaps a bit too much use of plastic but otherwise very functional. Great looks, nice overall packaging.

Tough looks, 4.0 litre power plant & smooth shifting automatic. Very roomy for a mid-sized pickup. Crew cab works for my 5-member family.

Gas mileage could be better but a nice trade-off for power.