Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Good Truck Revisted
By RichGil04

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

1st reviewed a year ago. I still love this truck. My wife bought an '05 Xterra. Very jealous of the new design. Considered new Frontier, but sticking w/the '04. Feature I would like most the rear door on extended cab for easier access. Golf clubs are hard to get in and out from behind back seat. Other than that, I've really enjoyed this truck. Good commuter vehicle and great for hauling whatever.

Well equipped for what I paid.

Rear door on extended cab, but they've addressed that.

Better than Ford
By J. Orf

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck is a joy to drive. I previously had a Ford Ranger. It had a 4cyl engine and couldn't get out of it's own way. My Nissan however is almost as peppy as my 6cyl family sedan. I am very pleased with this vehicle and I haven't had a single problem with it. The Ranger was in the shop more times than I care to mention.

I like the CD audio system. I also like the EX extended cab feature.And I like the bed liner.

A 4cyl should get better mileage. I would also like to have cruise control on the 4cyl engine.

fun to drive
By win

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

i test drove all the others dealers and i could not find one truck i like driving and all the nissan trucks as well. i all most walk out of the dealer and went home, but i walk the last dealer and found this little compact truck o4 and test drove it and i loved to drive it. it drove like a car. it has nice looks, the bed is just wright for me small, it handles just like a nissan, breaking is fast, it could be a little faster at low speeds, but when you are at 60 and above i found out that this little truck will get up and go (looking down 85mph), and having the ac on in the summer and high 90's i get better gas 325 miles to the tank not bad for 16 gals.

i added many extras to this little truck: vent shade all around, wind scoop for the front of the truck, bull bars on front and back, and the top for the bed fiberglass with lock, driver seat cover. its the best looking truck around, and alot of people like looking at her.

nothing too add, may be more horse power.

Tony's Truck
By Tony

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love the sporty looks of the truck. I believe the back seat needs some adjustments to accomodate more leg room and less seat room. The truck as a whole is awesome. At first I thought with a long bed I would not need a bed- extender to put my bike in the back. After having to leave the tailgate down to accomodate it, I figure that it would have been a good investment.

One word, versatility. 4 doors plus a truck bed, you cannot go wrong. Innovative interior styling.

More back seat passenger leg room. More power. Maybe a lower passing gear. Take off seems to be lacking.

Dont buy brand new
By ths916m3

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SVE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This truck is overall a great compromise of practicality and fun. The S/C is good, and pulls very well when needed, could easily burn the rear tires if you wanted. Gets attention around town with its aggressive appearance and good looks, even though its mainly cosmetic. Long bed is just what it is, but on a crew cab its that much better. Space is tight for 4 6+ footers, but if you want space buy a Titan. Performance, fuel economy, and comfort can be remedied with some aftermarket items. In conclusion, if you want a great truck to go off roading with the wife and 3 kids with your motorcycle in the bed, this is the truck for you.

Long bed, window defroster, collapsable storage box, bed extender, aggressive/one off styling, just enough room behind rear seat to put 2 JL 8 inch subwoofers and still keep jack in stock location, as well as enough room under front seats for your amps.

suggested improvements you should make: 2.3 pulley for S/C will greatly improve HP, an intake and exhaust system for power and increased fuel economy, sound deadening mat in doors and behind rear seat, 2 8 inch subs, a tow package, and a A pillar dual gauge pod w/ boost meter and fuel ratio meter.