Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My nissan
By jash1178

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Great truck I have tested it in every kind of situation including harsh thick mud offroad and its like a tank. Great truck.

CD player, 4WD, sporty look

more foot room in back seat

Great Truck!
By tbs04xev6

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck used in May 2008 to replace a 2000 Dodge Dakota. The truck drives well and can haul whatever I throw in the bed. The 4wd is flawless and works well when the snow flies. The truck has limited slip differentials, so I never get stuck. I have the long bed 4-door model, which is a bit difficult to park in tight situations, but the bigger bed is worth the trade off. The V-6 runs great and gets decent gas mileage for a truck this long. The automatic transmission is lazy on the downshifts, but runs fine. Wish it had a fifth gear for better fuel economy. I installed a Magnaflow exhaust on it, which helped freeway merging and mid- range power greatly.

Long bed for hauling Handling/braking 4-doors for family hauling in a pinch Durability to abuse Good looks/features Reliability

Bit more room in both front and back seats Transmission is typical "slushbox" Move HVAC controls below radio More power/economy

Such a Great Truck
By 04xev6

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for 5 years now and i love it. Never gave me any problems and i have done very little maintenance to it in 53,000 miles. The cab space could be a little better and engine performance can be upped a little but i have a K&N intake and magnaflow exhaust to help a bit. It does make rattling and squeaky noises but this is a frontier not a bently. All and all this is a great little truck, i would however like to test drive one of the newer ones with the more powerful engines, one of them could very well be my next truck.

Exterior design, interior design, extra storage space in the back with the KC model, and the sound of the engine with a nice exhaust behind it.

A tad more horsepower and MPG, even though i installed an aftermarket intake and exhaust it could still be better, an automatic trans thats not to sluggish and better shift points.

Very satisfied owner
By John

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am about to hit 100k miles today (XE V6, 4WD, Crew Cab, 5 speed). Haven't had a problem yet and I've worked it hard. There aren't even any rattles in the interior. It'll tow an 18' boat, haul a yard of stone, plow snow, and commute to work. The ride, handling, and build quality are much better than my previous truck, a Toyota Tacoma. As far as mileage, I have seen 21mpg when driving with a light touch on the highway, but it's mostly 18-20mpg. It's certaintly no worse than any other compact pickup on the market. I did install a Magnaflow exhaust and K&N filtercharger, which helped with throttle response. Overall, I couldn't really ask for more from a truck.

Utility, reliability, smooth ride.

A little room in the back seat area would be appreciated.

SUPER TRUCK
By MEL PARAS

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The truck runs very well. Great Power and comfort , it has been reliable and very fun to drive! I love the fender flares and the Front bars, side bars and luggage rack , makes truck look and feel rugged. I'm a very Proud owner of my first Nissan Truck. I love my purchase and recommend this truck to anyone looking for style comfort and reliable truck that has kept me happy the past 5 years of ownership. I've only had oil changes and a new air /gas filter installed the past 5 years of ownership.

Rockford fosgate stereo system, better insulation interior.

Better mpg, larger rearseat space, navigation system