Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

this is great truck
By 10 speed

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

this is my first owned pickup truck but have driven many at jobs that i have had. it is a very good truck and i have an average gas mileage of about 17 and a half around town and highway if on highway only i get about 20 mpg if i set the cruise control and let ride. have not had any trouble with it except the seat belt lite keeps going on and off and have had to have the switch replaced already and is now doing it again. would recommmend this truck to anyone. family or single. needs some more power under the hood but runs good. i got a great deal on it over 6 thousand off the sale price, when purchased new. fun to drive and even my buddy likes it to drive and ride it.

the ride and comfort

more power

Gold SC Crew Cab 4WD
By Jon-Michael DeBona

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My pickup was incredibly reliable which is typical of Nissan. This was my second Nissan. I never had a problem with either. After over three years I have not had to have any repairs done to my Frontier whatsoever. I'm thinking of trading it in for Titan only because I want more space.

12V outlet in arm rest, looks, supercharger, bed extender, Nissan toolbox

Interior looks cheap and scratches easily. Nissan should lose the "plastic metal" look. I purchased Nissan's toolbox which is plastic, but looks great and is very unique. Unfortunately it is not waterproof and leaks quite a bit.

Happy with my truck
By Fronterra

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems with my truck. It has 60,000 miles on it. I bought it used with 45,000 miles on it. It fits my needs perfectly. I can haul my dirt bikes with no problem.

4 doors. Rugged looks.

Gas mileage, better turning radius.

like my truck :)
By Ashley

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

just got the truck so havnt had any mechanical problems obviously, so this is basically a 1st impression. the interior seems to be pretty cheap, but its VERY comfortable, more so even than the sedan i drove before. the turning radius is amazing for the size of the vehicle, i can get it into anywhere! it is a little slow to start but when you put it in overdrive its much better, very smooth on the highway. I LOVE the way it looks too. PERFECT truck for a girl who needs one, but wants to be able to see over the dash! its just the right size for me.

exterior design turning radius

more power the shift knob blocks some of the console better quality interior

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE
By brandy

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck drives great the only issue is the gas mileage but that is only becuase I was used to driving a 4 cylinder and this is a V6. Handles wonderful in snow, and rain. Looks nice and I love that we bought it.

Oversize package makes it look beefy.