Used 2000 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great Truck
By DESRNNR

2000 Nissan Frontier XE Desert Runner 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought from private seller in Venice Beach Ca. Only had 58,000 miles on it, was in great shape. Had to replace right exhaust manifold ($400). And 1st gear synchro fragmented ($1700). And cat manifolds rattle. Going to remove those. Put BFG All-Terrain T/A KO tires, and american racing outlaw II rims. Other than a few minor problems it has been my fav truck so far.

Towing and load capacity, Decent power. Love the body style. The 01 looks like a tonka truck. Great off road.

Better fuel economy and diesel option. Better location for knock sensor. Needs better quality trans and clutch.

nice truck
By dooley

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

this truck has been great to use for my business. With the rise in gas prices everywhere it sure beats the gas guzzlin v8s, even though it lacks a lot of power it get the job done.

everything

the shifter for the 4speed auto trans needs to be revised and moved due to it blocking some of the dash controls (i.e. air conditioner, radio)

Great Truck
By Billy

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

I'll start off by saying that my Frontier has over 175,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new in '00 with 10 miles on it. It is now one of my work trucks. What a fantastic truck it has been. Not the most powerful, doesn't get great gas mileage, isn't the roomiest, but damn, this thing is reliable. Other then tires, oil, and brake pads, I've only replaced the timing belt at 120k miles, and one A/C hose at 160k miles. I highly recommened this truck for people who need a good used, long lasting, dependable truck at a great price on the used truck market. By the way, mine was not babied at all. It pulls a heavy work trailer on a regular basis, and only gets the oil changed about every 10k miles.

Reliabilty. Very low cost of ownership. Not bad looking either.

I wish Nissan would import the diesel powered ones here.

I love this car
By Love It!

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is the first car I purchased on my own. While in college I took it to Mexico on surf trips and offroading. I have never had a problem. Other than routine maintenance, I've never had to do any additional service. I have one child and another in the way and while it is turning out to be a little too small, I refuse to give it up. It just has been that good of a car to me.

4x4, looks, everything.

The back seat definitely does not fit 3 adults. At best one adult and a child.

7 Year Update
By kd7oqc

2000 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr Crew Cab SB

This is an update of my post 3/21/02. I've kept up on the maintenance. Nothing has broken, unless I have bent or smashed it. ABS doesn't work when you are going backwards down a snow covered hill. K&N air filter helped mileage. Still getting 18.5 average and 20+ on trips. Still no squeaks or rattles, though it sees a fair amount of logging roads. The regulator on the left rear window went out Feb 06 / 88,500 miles. Extended warranty covered it, otherwise it would have been $300. Quoted just under $900, to change the timing belt, seals, water pump, belts and hoses at 105k. It doesn't need hoses or a water pump, but since they are tearing into it, I won't have to worry for another 100k miles.

Smooth ride. Comfortable seats. Great off road ability, ABS, the engine behaves well no matter what the weather.

Better gas mileage. Cost of gas stinks. I may be the only one, but I would prefer a bench seat up front, and a column shifter. The center console leaves me feeling a little claustrophobic, but I guess even the full size trucks are going to this layout.