Used 1999 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nice quality truck
By Hooker

1999 Nissan Frontier XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck 5 years ago with 31,000 miles. I now have over 200,000 miles as I commute 200 a day to work and home. No major work preformed except for tires, oil changes, brakes and clutch (at 180,000 mile). Truck is comfortable for my daily trips. I average 30 miles per gallon on the highway with a standard tranny. Dependable truck!!

Extended cab had great leg room and seat that recline. A/C work like a champ to this day.

Horsepower without giving up mileage.

Best truck you will evr find
By shill83

1999 Nissan Frontier XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

There is no better truck in the world. This truck is running just as good as the day i bought it and shows no sign of wear. during the worst ice storm my area has ever seen last year the truck ran over every tree that blocked my way. after some drunk guy smashed into the side of it and hit the rear wheel dead on going 50mph the truck started right up and took me home. when i took it to be repaired, we found out the leaf springs had blown apart....and it still took me home. i love this truck and when this truck finally dies, if it ever does, i will buy another.

Durability, reliability, comfort, design, how it looks as it passes those chevy's and fords that hit 100000 miles and die. really does make chevy trucks look like a rock.

V6 does need more power, but they fixed that in 2000, and i haven't ever been limited by the power of the engine.

Great Truck On And Off Road,
By Chad05

1999 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for about three months and it is already the best truck I have ever had. Before this I have owned Fords and Chevys and both of them were in the shop after only about a month of ownership. The Frontier I can trust to start for me everytime and not leave me stranded. I have the off road package and it has the rear limited slip. With this feature this truck does great off road.

Reliable, off road package, gas mileage not bad about 18.

A little higher stance with the off road package, a little more power out of the six cylinder.

Great Pickup
By alex_5626

1999 Nissan Frontier XE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck runs great. No engine problems or design flaws. It would however be nice if it had four doors instead of two. Also the engine could use a little more guts, putting out 160 horsepower and 200 ft/lbs of torque. Other then that, great truck. It uses 90% of its horsepower at 1800 rpm and less, so passing on the highway can take time. This truck will make you happy.

4 wheel drive

Nissan already increased engine performance to the 00' and up models

Great Truck
By woodworker76

1999 Nissan Frontier SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had my Frontier for about 1 1/2 months. I love it. The 4WD is dependable and very stable. I have had it in a very soupy cornfield near my house and it pulled out with no problems. The gas mileage leaves something to be desired. I get about 18 mpg on the highway. It is comfortable on short trips, however it is a bit short for my 6 foot frame. The engine is strong and reliable. Nice truck!!!

4-Wheel Drive, Sunroof, and Big Tires!!!

Gas mileage, horsepower, radio, legroom.