Used 2009 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Cubing
By Greta427

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased the new Nissan Cube for my 1.5 hour each way commuter vehicle. The Cube replaced my much loved VW New Beetle. I had researched quite a few smaller commuter cars and this is the only one I found that had any SPUNK! Spending 3 hours a day in my car it has to be something that I like to drive. I looked at so many other small car entry's and the all lacked personality, they were all very boring. My first reaction to this was, eew...what is that? But then, it grew on me. I decided it deserved a test drive. I got so many looks on the test drive and the car held its own on the highway passing easily and nimble handling. Auto tranny kept up fine. Love this car!!! SL Pref pack A+.

Funky interior design-like a wave/teardrop etc. Lots of cupholders. Adjustable backseat, both for leg room and the back reclines for passenger comfort! Built in XM radio and MP3 port. Unique frigde door hatch. Love the drivers side cupholder.

Passenger side ARM rest is a must, sunroof option, cupholder placement could be better and possible leather or leatherette option for those of us with dogs & kids would be nice. Bluetooth mircophone could be better placed. Soungs terrible to callers :(

endless recalls
By tropicalcube

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

less than a month of buying my Cube I hear of recalls tire sensor nuts (defective in cold weather) rear door handles need replacing according to a recall listed on the internet, rear brake drums defective recall, steering sensor gone bad on some Cubes, warning lights going off for no reason, I am sure the list will grow in the next few months and hopefully there will not be any fatal accidents due to defective parts from Japan. Makes me think the USA is involved in parts. Better yet why didn't Japan test the parts before exporting the Cubes. Are the ones in Japan also getting recalls?

Good paint job, comfortable seats, easy to drive.

Make better parts, recall ALL Cubes before they is a fatal accident with one and fix all the problems for FREE and refund a portion of what we paid for the car for the inconvenience of going back to the crappy dealers we bought these from. Do something about the steering feels funny at times.

Love My Cube !!!!!!!so did a reindeer
By Neal

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Can't wait to get it back from body shop! Everybody stops me wants to know how I like it and everybody looks at it like what? Tell them i'm one laughing-at the gas tank Hate driving my 305 Hyundai since i got the Cube. it is a great ride and drive very comfortable for mid size people great power-

comfortable driver seat easy handling smooth comfortable drive----

mirror should slant down when in reverse and warning sensors on bumper'''when sun visor is in down position too wide...

Maggie Mae
By Mam

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have spent months reviewing cars like Mercedes, Cadillac, Element, Prius. Saw the Cube one day on the road. Decided to investigate. My significant other could not understand what I saw in this little car. I was concerned that the transition of going from a Mercedes that I have driven for the past 10 years to this little car might be a challange. But with everything so serious these days I decided it was time to have some fun. Be different. It is a great little car. So comfortable inside. The ride is smooth. It handles well. I get 32 mpg. It may not be as quite as my Mercedes but it is fine. It is so roomy inside. Even my SO loves it. We call her the "Happy" car. We are having fun

Bluetooth, comfy seats, her curves, MPG. All the space.

Sunroof, cup holders placed differently, arm rest for passenger

Noisy engine during acceleration.
By confidential

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The day after I got my new Cube, I drove it and noticed the acceleration was not smooth and engine is loud. I got a bad feeling about this new car of mine. This engine is not consistent, it drives normal and sometimes loud engine with lesser power during acceleration as if engine is struggling. I brought it to the dealership but they said it is in normal condition, just try to observe it. Mileage now is only 1,450.

lots of cup holders.

bigger engine and roof racks.