Used 2009 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Squeaky Cube
By My Cube

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love the look. Everyone has said, "that car is so you." it's very comfy. I fit two surfboards inside when a part of the back seat is folded, as well as two surfers (my son and his friend) and me (mom). It feels spacious inside, even though it's actually quite compact. It has, however, had problems even in the first couple of months. There were some minor things and very squeaky brakes. I have had it for 5 months and have had to take it to the dealer 4 times! It's a bit disappointing. Other than that, it's lovely.

It's cute, comfy, compact. With folding back seats, it can fit big things for a small car. It has tons of cup holders.

better parts (particularly the brakes), less wind noise on the freeway, smaller visors

Fantastic, Glad I Got It!
By Rusty

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The car is quiet and really fun to drive. I have had it over a month and I am averaging 33.6 mpg. I drive approx 84 miles per day to and from work. I use it as a commuter car and it is perfect. Driving in Atlanta traffic is terrible and this little car makes it fun. Excellent stereo,(I got the rocksford system), very comfortable, and quiet. Plenty of pep for what I need, I average 80 mph daily when traffic is moving. I strongly suggest you try one. If you are looking for a good gas mileage, comfortable, safe car, get a Cube. P.S. – your friends will make fun of you, however, you can laugh at them when gas hits $3.00 dollars + per gallon. O yeah, it only has an 11 gallon gas tank.

Gas Mileage, handling, stereo,

Hide the ipod connection in the glove box.

I love it!
By tatoo60

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We just purchased the Cube in March 2010. We love the handling, the comfort, and leg room for my husband who is 6ft. The mileage at 29.1 mpg is soooo.. much better than our Town and Country at 19 mpg. We get many stares but don't care!!! My husband was a little skeptic about the "look" but he laughs every time we're on the highway and people point at the Cube. It has enough pickup when we're trying to merge onto the highway as well. And it's great to maneuver when changing lanes.

As a woman I like the style, my husband like the comfort and mileage as well as the overall view through the windshield and back!

I little more cargo space, and the noise factor. Otherwise, keep it the same!

Solid Choice
By EZCruiser

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This vehicle is huge on the inside and is so easy to park that it almost does it on its own. It offers a great view of the road and a comfortable seating position. Short hops are easy and long trips a pleasure with lots of room for luggage and pets. The upgraded sound system makes all types of music sound great and will rock whenever you want to. Wind noise is fair (for a box) and the car feels stable at highway speeds. The CVT is great for smooth sailing and the brakes are smooth and capable. I came out of a Smart car (BIG mistake) and love this cube--more power on regular gas and almost the same mileage. . . but this Cube offers so much more FUN!

Smooth quiet ride and great view.

Passenger arm rest.

Love it
By brenda

2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Really enjoy the cube. I hate that all cars look the same right now. Either a box or a sedan. This one has the chutzpa to have an asymmetrical window, nice lines, radiating roof design, etc. It just feels fun.

The look, pretty comfy, GREAT visibility so I feel safe, the Nissan name for reliability, and fuel economy.

The only complaint is a backache I have after driving. I don't find it uncomfortable at all but have an ache the next day. (should've bought the upgraded seats) Will add a pillow- I am 5'3.