Used 2009 Nissan Cube Wagon Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

Poor quality - 2009 Nissan Cube 6 speed
By may

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I like the appearance of the car, it looks refreshing and innovative. However, I knew the CVT would be a major headache down the road, so I chose the 6 speed version. Unfortunately, other problems developed pre-maturely: the muffler and the exhaust pipe fell off due to a rusted connection at 45000 miles, 5 years. Replacing the entire assembly costs over $850, I have never owned any car with the muffler system lasting only 45000 miles or less than 5 years, and it costs so much to fix. To add insult to injury, during the hottest days of the season this year, the air conditioning failed. This is a poorly made car, with below average quality control. I believe this model was terminated last year. Need I say more ? But I have to say to myself, beauty is only skin deep !!

you need a warranty!
By jmorri0283

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Krom 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in may 2013 and after having it in the shop twice for the transmission they replaced it in August. My issue happened on the interstate after a few hours of driving which is why it took the dealer so long to diagnose. Its February 2014 and same issue on a road trip with the car. was in the shop for almost a week and no luck.

Interior design

fix the CVT and longer arm rest

hate this car
By eileen15

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 14 month and have had the transmission replaced,new catalytic converter,air filter,fuel pump,wheel bearings,engine control module and as of Nov. 21,2012 the rear muffler and gasket has broke off and due to the fact that it will cost 400.00 to repair i am unable to have the repairs done at this point. been in touch with dealer,bbb,nissian of
north america, no one is able to help with with this.

Transmission problem
By jloth

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2009 Cube in July of 2009. I now have 10,500 miles on it. Recently, on a trip to view the Fall colors, I noticed a surging feeling when going over 50 mph.
It was like every 10 seconds, the RPM's would rev between the 2 and 3 on the dial.
Called the dealer and took it in for service. Diagnosis, a solenoid was not working properly.
I have to have a brand new transmission put in the car. Yes it is under warranty, but still, this concerns me.
So to everyone considering the Cube, do your research. It is a fun car to drive, you won't see yourself coming and going,it is good on gas, a piece of cake to park.. but this transmission issue had taken the glimmer off of it for me.

Ease of parking, unique appearance and the ability to load things in the car and not need anyone's van. Easy to get in and out of, especially if you are a person with arthritis of back/hips.

Make sure the transmissions are up to grade. It is a bit noisy, so sound insulation improvements would be wonderful. A little smoother ride would also be nice.

My car
By sugarmama3

2009 Nissan Cube Wagon 1.8 Base 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm very please with my 2009 cube. I have had it 2 months and still very happy. Its very roomy for me and my family. I have gotten so mannnnnnnny compliments on this car! excellent on gas , easy to keep clean. so if there's anyone wondering what this vehicle is like. I will glad to tell you. It is GREAT!