Used 2006 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

A stylish and tough tow vehicle
By Patrick McDaniel

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I needed a comfortable vehicle that could also pull my 30 ft, 7000 lb travel trailer. The Armada fulfills my every requirement. I added an aftermarket induction system and exhaust so have even more horsepower. I can tow easily at 70 mph and still achieve 13-15 mpg. The LE comes standard with transmission temp gauge and self-leveling suspension which works well for towing. I would have purchased the optional exterior trailer mirrors but I like the LE's power folding mirrors so well that I left them as is. The front rotors have been revised so front brake pad wear appears to be much improved over early models.

Plenty of power, accelerates easily up to highway speeds (and beyond if one is not careful). Very comfortable and passenger friendly interior. Lots of storage bins, cubbies, etc. Dual zone AC works very well.

A larger capacity (30 gal) fuel tank would be a good idea. The headlights are not as bright as I would like. An HID option would be the way to go.

great buy
By jerry

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

So far its been a super buy,no problems what so ever. The horsepower is awsome, lots of get up and go when you need it.The interior space is more than enough and lends to a very smooth and comfortable ride. Gas mileage is great for such a large suv, 300-400 miles per tank. We have driven 5000 miles so far and everything remains tight. It's a great buy

power lift gate, easy fold second row seats, great room for 8 normal sized adults, dvd, bose system and much more...

air condition controls are a bit awkward, controls on steering wheel need backlighting, needs second row reclining seats

Best SUV
By The Beast

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not an SUV person. I've always been a 2dr sports car man until I drove the 2006 Armada. It's the BOOM! It will blow away the average SUV and many other 2006 models without making the exhaust dual. (Duals are a waste of money and are very noisy. Be cool and pick up your babe in a nice and quiet Armada. If you need noise, go get a bike and clip on a few cards.

Bose Digital system. Plays CD-R, CD- RW, MP3 and WMA.

Increase HP to 400 or more. Larger rims (19 to 24in)and brakes. True dual exhaust like Mustang. Larger Subwoofer: (8 to 10in). Better tweeters and midrange speakers. More powerful amp (300 to 400W).

Armada reflects Nissons racing lines
By Gary Farmer

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have perhaps 200 motorcycle road races under my belt and this Armada is the most fun to drive SUV I ever could imagine. I live in the North Georgia mountains with numerous hairpins,15 mph curves with increasing and decreasing radius turns within uphills and downhills. I'm MOST satisfied and highly recommend the Armada.

Suspension(handling,braking)- acceleration-plenty room for groceries,horse feed. I especially like the 9100lbs towing capacity which is needed for towing my multy horse trailer.

More exterior and interior color choices.

big disappointment
By loyal nissan owner

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

traded my 02 suburban for 06 armada- big mistake-since 1st day armada vibrated @ 55 mph-"dealer fixed problem" then vibrates @ 80 mph dealer refuse to fix problem-"nothing wrong w/ car", so far had to replace window regulator X2-waiting for 2 more to be replace, had to fix air bag warning system @ 500 miles. going back to dealer to have a/c and front brakes service - (dual climate not working and not cooling during very warm days after 45 min of driving, and @ 7k mi front brakes making a lot o noise) Also car feels unstable on I-10 - wanders a lot even after 4 wheel alignment current cars-05 nissan altima, 78 nissan 280z, 90 nissan 300zx (2+2 & 2+0) previous car 79 280zx, 01 xterra, 90 sentra

nice looking car and plenty of feature

the new nissan should build cars like they did---performance and reliability combine into one car