Used 2006 Nissan Armada SUV Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Armada SUV

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

best large SUV for the $$
By pc

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Prior to buying this, I was actually pretty set on the '07 Yukon, however there were certain features on the Armada that won me over. 1. Interior space - this vehicle has more room in the driver's cockpit the the GMC. Also, 2nd row has a lot of legroom. 2. 3rd row seats - I can't understand why GM has not gone to a fold flat 3rd row - I just leave the seats down until needed. 3. Ride quality is great - independent rear suspension does make a nice difference. Also has excellent ground clearance. I am one of those people that actually needs and uses the 4 wheel drive on an SUV. While the LE comes with street tires, it does have excellent manners off road. Traction control works great.

Power - engine has a lot of torque. Backup camera - this came included on the vehicle I bought, and prior to using it, thought it a gimmicky feature - WRONG! It's is great for backing in to parking spaces or other tight areas. Fold flat 3rd row seat. Ability to have either XM or Sirius.

As some others have said, more plush seats - while they are not uncomfortable at all, they are firm - could use better leather. Option for 20" wheels. Get rid of the giant chrome grille/bumper - allow for matching color. Fuel management system like GMC - goes from 8 to 4 cylinders to save gas.

Okay
By Armada

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

The performance is great for a vehicle that size. It has great pickup speed. There is something about the driver side chair that is not right just cannot explain what. the fuel economy is very poor and should be design better. It is fun to drive because it is big and somewhat easy to handle. Interior design is plain for the price I paid for, exterior is simply but good to look at if you had the right color. Built is okay cannot judge it right now. I believe this vehicle is very reliable.

This vehicle make other driver respect it on the road.

Improvement can be made in the sound system, fuel system , putting in the blue tube lights, rear back up video, and this should be done for every model.

Very happy with my purchase
By harop

2006 Nissan Armada SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Two weeks ago I bought a used(6mo old) armada with 20K on a odometer. So far I am completely satisfied and enjoy driving it very much. It still smells new. Planning for some light off- roading, and will report back for off- road experience.

MP3, AUX input which is very handy for hooking lap-top to watch DVDs and hear it from all 10 speakers. speed-sencetive volume does a good job compared to other vehacles I drove with this future.

Wish it had standard SunRoof on LEs at least.

First Nissan
By Rick

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I were looking to trade in our Chevy Venture for a full size SUV. My first thought was ok now I get my Tahoe, NOT, after I drove the Armada there was no way I was getting a Tahoe. This thing is great, extreme comfort, powerful, and ROOM to spare. I love it.

Comfort and drivability, plenty of room for the kids, fold flat rear seats, And of course the power.

One thing I did like about the Tahoe is the active fuel management. Maybe Nissan can come up with something like that.

Unique SUV
By Kingsley A. Antwi

2006 Nissan Armada SUV SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this SUV in August 2006, after shipping my old pathfinder abroad. The body style is unique among all the SUV brands. It has a lot of leg room, good entertainment system and numerous storage places as compared to its competitors. It drives beautiful and stable on highway. It took me half tank from Pembroke Pines to Orlando within 3 hours, pretty good on gas on highway driving. I won't trade in for any other model because of its unique body.

The sound and entertainment system and also the tire pressure monitors. I love the 3rd roll seats for my grand kids.

The controls on the steering for music and cruise control, should be made to illuminate or glow in darkness to enhance use when drving at night.