Used 2006 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Would Buy Another!
By Valley_Val

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are very happy with our Armada and in fact are thinking of buying another when this lease is up. We also tested the Toyota Sequoia, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade at the time of purchase -- the Armada was best due to styling, comfort, interior/exterior amenities, and most important, the ease of changing the seat configuration! Car has performed great, gas mileage is not super but acceptable compared to other similar-sized SUVs, and I would (and do) recommend the car to others in the market for a larger SUV.

Seat configuration, automatic lift gate, back-up camera, GPS, display config.

DVD moved to another location other than center storage unit (difficult to change disks for kids while moving or if you stow much stuff).

At last a reliable, big SUV
By Sauerbrey

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Great reliability. Owned Fords for years, but gave up on them due to customer service/reliablity issues. Couldn't be happier with my choice. This rig is bombproof, tows my trailer like it's not there, good off-road capability. It just works!!

This rig feels solid on and off the road. I like the sense of power that is at my command as I accerlate. The 5 speed transmission is smooth shifting, and the manual selector very helpful in controlling speeds without burning up the brakes in hilly conditions

Love my Armada
By jrh

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have loved our Armada and had no problems. I like that the lift gate in the back can open automatically and it has fold down seats. There is plenty of room for our large family of 5. It drives well and has great pick up. It's a bit of a bumpy ride on these pot holed roads we have, but I didn't buy a luxury car! I wish big SUVs got better gas mileage but it is the price I have to pay for more room inside!

Lift gate. Fold flat seats. Bose 6 disc cd changer and radio.

Better gas mileage. Smoother ride.

Great Family SUV
By Dallas

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our Armada for traveling long distances and off-road. It’s been one of the best and most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned. We travel from ATL to Denver about 3 times a year and from ATL to Houston TX about 2 times a year and I have had no problems, except for the radio went out at 18K miles. No problems to speak of since. Off-road this is a larger and it has never been stuck. I am one that wants to use the 4X4 aspect of this vehicle so do not think it has not been put to the test. The only thing I would change is the fact the paint gets scratched when rubbing against trees. All in all I think this vehicle suits our family needs to a tee.

As far as features. I like the build quality. It’s a tough truck. Towing is a snap with the tow package. Off-road is a dream. It’s like 4 wheeling from the comfort of the recliner. Third seat is nice for company in town due to having 2 children. Back up sensors are very nice to have.

I chose to put DVD screens in the head rests, which would be nice to have had from the factory. That's about it for cons.

Poor Design/Quality
By Tom

2006 Nissan Armada SE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but problems with my Armada since I purchased it new back in July. The two front doors rattle and move around over even the slightest bump. The dealer/manufacturer states that this is a characteristic of their $40K plus flagship vehicle. I have had the vehicle in for service too many times for creaks and rattles only to have the problems return. Stay away from this vehicle, it's poorly designed and of very poor quality.

Comfortable Seats and Strong Engine

Fix Door Shimmy and overall manufacturing quality of vehicle. No way near the quality that Nissan used to represent.