Used 2006 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Cruise ship
By gauner

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is our family cruise ship.
Camping with a trailer full of dirt bikes, up to the ski area in the most severe weather,
or towing the fully loaded boat to Powell
this suv does it all and yes we pass when we like.

Our kids stopped complaining on long trips!

I put gas in.
I change the oil.

I've changed windshield wipers and at 56000 mile its first set of tires.
The worst thing is having to wash all that adventurous dirt off of it.
It is a large suv and this does take a while.
We ran her at 65mph to Cal and got 19mpg. We're Not in
that big of a hurry once you're in the Cruise ship.

Awsome power-train. This is a great driving vehicle. I like the fact that the kids can put head phones on watch a movie or listen to their own radio station while my wife and I listen to our station. the traction control works so well you will find yourself driving way to fast in bad weather. Ice what Ice! Ya and the commercials are true when it comes to towing your boat.

Things I don't like. the large divider between the windshield and the front windows but you do get used to it. I don't like where the front seats pivot, they move 1000 ways but that means it takes 999 to find the way I want it and I would like the arm rests to be higher

still love it!!!!!
By chunter4

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Armada in 2008 with 27000your miles on it. It now has 90000! I have driven it everyday since I got it and love it like I did the first day I got it. My husband hates cleaning the interior because of the texture. I have changed the brakes and rotors and thought the a.c. was bad because it wasn't blowing in the front.Come to find out it needed a cabin filter $26.00!! I live in CO and in ten years never drove in the snow until I got the Armada.Its amazing in the snow,ice,heavy rain,and cruises on a nice day.Captains chairs in the middle make it so nice for the kids. I would NEVER EVER trade this for any other vehicle.

Everything

Ok one bad thing.....the dvd flips down and blocks the rear view mirror while traveling.

Nissan's Corvair
By seejanerun

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle used without doing the proper research on this particular model. I basically went on Nissan's great reputation as time was not in my favor. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, so bad that I won't consider another Nissan in the future. I have had ABS failure which is common in the Armada but which Nissan refuses to recall - be sure to Google and you will find more info than you ever want! I have also had problems with the engine shutting off while driving down the road - also another widespread Armada problem. There have been tons of consumer complaints on this Armada and probably why 2010 is last production year as Nissan knows this product is crap!

Exactly what I thought it would be!!!
By Nate54SoCal

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After test driving about every medium and large SUV on the market, we purchased an Armada. We bought this off a lease return for about 50% of the original MSRP with less than 20K miles. We needed something that was roomy, family friendly, and just in case we needed it, could tow anything from a car to a boat. We were not disappointed. House on wheels is right. You can fold down the seats, fill up the back with whatever you need and tow. This SUV does it all. When considering this or a midsize SUV, we weighed a higher priced midsize SUV w/better gas mileage against the Armada. In a cost comparison over 5 yrs, the Armada was cheaper even with the gas mileage and it tow more.

Absolutely love the roominess and power. We just purchased a boat and it towed it like it wasn't even there (it accelerated uphill with no problems). The DVD player is like heaven for kids and parents. I love the auto-dimming mirrors and auto-leveling tow feature. The wife likes the stadium seating.

As reviews say, the leather seats are not that comfortable for long hauls i.e. CA to LA, especially the passenger seat. The gas mileage isn't great, but if you're buying this, the trade-off is worth it.

Pros and cons
By Carter

2006 Nissan Armada LE 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and room of this car. We have 22" rimes and tires makes for a rough ride but looks so good. Very roomy we fit 7 adults and infant seat comfortable with bags and a stroller. I wish the AC was better in the front it is terrible! Overall we love this car and would probably purchase another if the fuel was better.

Pros..lots of room, looks good, fast, love bacl up sensors.

Cons....AC is terrible in the front, seats squeak,lights should be in the steering wheel, gas mileage isn't good but what can you expect with an SUV.