Used 2005 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Great SUV with bad Brakes
By luey

2005 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Armada for 8 months now. the truck is great for our three kids and two dogs. The only draw back so far has been a constant problem we've had with our brakes. Apparently the truck is too heavy for the brakes. They only last about 4000 miles before the steering wheel vibrates. With that said Our Nissan dealer has fixed the problem usually the same day I call them. It takes about 4 hours, and there is a heavy duty brake and caliper set up that will be available soon?!?

Fix My Brakes

Great SUV that is hard to beat.
By Bob Ciammaichella

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first foreign car that I have purchased. To date I have not had one thing that I have had go wrong, and I have had nothing to take it to the dealers for after the purchase, I haven't been able to find a thing wrong with this car. It has more than enough power for all conditions and is loaded with featuers. I considered this the best car on the market for its price. This replaced a Grand Cherokee.

I bought this because of its list of saftey features. Side curtain air bags, traction control, it is a vehical that has all of it.

They could upgrade the interior a little some wood trim would help. It looks rather generic.

my tank!
By niki

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

we, love it we went from a domestic midsize to the armada and it just feels so big! I have plenty of room for a carseet and and can still seat 5 more kids and my husband comfortably, thats important when hauling around a girls softball team and all their equipment, the trunk has plenty of room for it all, there is no complaing because someone is touching me, or my legs are cramped. everyone has their own space. the dvd player makes for a quiet ride when it is on.

i love my reverse sensors that let me know when i am getting to close to something when backing up that is a must w/ an suv this size

I would suggest front sensors as well when pulling into parking spaces it is difficlult to tell how much room you have left between u and the car in front of you

Front rotar problems
By TWM

2005 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck, but I am waiting for a kit to repair the problem with the front end rotars. I have had the car in three times in four months to have the rotars shaved. They are over heating and causing severe front end shaking. This is a problem in design, and Nissan is putting together a kit that they will install in late June. This has ruined the the joy of purchasing an otherwise great truck!

It looks great, and it is not one of the 100,000,000.00 Chev Tahoe or Saburbans on the road

Easier way of getting into and out of the third row seats when you use them.

A Good Value
By Rigmaster

2005 Nissan Armada LE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at all the makes. Sequoia was just too pricey and the domestics have too many recall and other issues. Infinti version not worth the extra money - expensive cladding. The Armada rides well so far. Especially like the price-value for this size SUV. Nissan dealers aren't very good though so be happy if you get a well- built vehicle that doesn't require their assistance. Anyone expecting great gas mileage in a 4x4 with this size and engine shouldn't have bought one in the first place. Compare this to others with similar features and this is a clear winner. Will do another update after some additional driving. Toyota should be worried that there's a new big SUV to take on the Sequoia.

Features for the money. Sirius, CD changer, DVD rear seat combo. Camera when in reverse is very useful.

None yet, but the brakes and tires are something to keep an eye on.