Used 2004 Nissan Armada Consumer Reviews - 304 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Armada

View reviews for a specific Armada model:

Best SUV I've owned
By Joe

2004 Nissan Armada LE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We had an expedition prior to owning this Armada. We actually went to the Toyota dealer to buy a Sequoyah and they had this used vehicle on the lot. My wife and I test drove this vehicle for about 20 minutes we only test drove the Sequoyah for two blocks. So much fun, so much space. 43" of leg room in the second row whole family loves this vehicle.

Fuel economy would be a great improvement. But I'd sacrifice size and safety of this vehicle to protect my family for gas mileage

Retired
By Geza S. Kovacs

2004 Nissan Armada SE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Funn and safe vehicle to drive. True value is in winter, driving in the snow.

Sound System

Front brakes wore out to fast. Improve mileage.

Poor Braking Vehicle
By J.Howard

2004 Nissan Armada SE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the Armada New in Nov of 2004. I have had the vehicle at the dealer 4 times for brake issues, 1st time a 7000 miles, 2nd 11,000, 3rd 20,000, 4th 36,000. Brakes still do not function properly, pedal depresses to floor to come to complete stop. Nissan tells me brakes are "within stardards" Very frustrating having a 7,000lb SUV not stopping. Sun Roof switch replaced 2 X's. Temp/direction in mirror still acting up. Car is now shaking at higher HYwy speeds. SUV is very roomy and fun to drive but, I do not like to take a NEW SUV in for work every 6 months. Very Poor Reliability. Nissan Should have fixed the problems before they sold the Car. I may never by another Nissan again.

Roomy interior, Nice looking Exterior. comfortable drive when car not shaking on hywy.

Brakes, Reliability. Squeaks need improvement. Good luck trying to find tires for the 18" rims. Most tire stores do not carry them and have to order them.

Nissan Driver
By Tulsan

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road Rwd 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love Nissans. Maxima was my first NEW car. Loved it! Fell in love with the style of the Armada when it first came out. My biggest fear was that it was manufactured in Canton, MS. I wasn't sure it was going to be dependable. But this SUV is great for large families. I have 3 kids and all 3 car seats fit in the 2nd row with room left over. Nobody smashes fingers trying to get their seat belts hooked.

Style, comfort (seats sit up high), leg room, huge console. Interior looks good, not cheap.

Mine has started rattling a small amount (dashboard). I don't know if that is MS quality or Nissan quality. I never had that happen in the Maxima which was not manufactured in the US. Sorry, don't want to lay blame on the MS plant but when you pay that much for a vehicle, you expect great quality.

The Beast
By The Beast

2004 Nissan Armada SE Off-Road 4WD 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in a f150 supercharged harley truck for this truck due to family size increasing. Was worried that I would miss all the horsepower that I had. Not so!! I love the power of my Armada and the stance. Had brake issues after about 15,000 (rotors too small on 1st year) dealer replaced with bigger rotors and we haven't had any problems since. Only issue I really have is plastic center channel speaker cover on dash rattles and can get annoying. The gas mileage isn't the greatest but what do you expect with all that power and torque. I recently researched resale value and even with it's superior options and bigger cabin the Armada still takes a backseat to the Sequio, which I think is wrong!

Power! Interior room, Off road option, Bose stereo, back-up sensors, safety features standard so you don't have to consider safety versus entertainment options.

SE off road had no tow hitch 1st year! What was Nissan thinking? Off road means 4 wheeling, boating, racing. All these things usually require trailers. Give Nissan credit it has been changed now. Plastic radio/speaker cover needs better attachment parts to keep it from rattling. Assist bars for kids