Used 2013 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I (mostly) love my Altima!
By Sandra Hoecker

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 21 years of Hondas (which I loved), I bought an Altima because it had attractive exterior style (Accords & Camrys are pretty dull) & the CVT had been in use long enough for the bugs to be worked out. I'm retired so am no longer a high- mileage driver but I tool around town daily. I have never had a single problem, even a minor one. I'm not overly pleased with the mileage (which I calculate & is below what the dash calculator computes) but that may be due to my short city trips. Everyone who has driven my car comments on what a pleasure it is to drive. I just want a nice car that ALWAYS runs since I'm a 1-car household. The Altima has exceeded my expectations. UPDATE: Above is/was all true until 2 weeks ago when I suddenly lost the power steering. PS hose had a leak & fluid had drained out. I just passed 20K miles, for heaven's sake! $640 repair, without any explanation or compromise from dealer. Not happy about that. I didn't get the extended warranty as I've lost money on all but 1 car before & knew I'd be a low mileage driver.

DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR CVT TRANSMISSIONS
By Lee Ann Rankin

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my Altima with 32,000 miles on it and it wasn't 6 months later it died while in drive! I had it towed and after being sent to 2 dealerships, they concluded nothing was wrong with the car. Through the 2 years I've had it, my Altima has done this several times until finally one day it completely died in drive again. Luckily, I was at a gas station. I had to have a complete transmission, sensor, and programmer put in plus towing bills, which totaled to $4,400.00....Nissan needs to own up to there [non-permissible content removed] transmission problems and recall them all with reimbursements!

Listen up it's the alternator not trans
By James

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car a year after it came out luckily I bought through Carmax because once I started having the problem and called Nissan they basically gave me the runaround but Carmax is dealing with the problem superbly now for everyone having the shuttering problem like I am having it seems to be the transmission but the CVT transmissions are very sensitive to The electrical current that they receive and the alternators on these are faulty Nevada how many transmissions they throw in it if they don't change your alternator you're going to continue having the problem over and over again so anybody researching this get the alternator fixed before it destroys your transmission I had the alternator and belt tensioner replaced and problem was gone the shuttering that everybody has. I just don't get how so many Nissan dealerships would rather keep throwing in transmissions and not realize it's the alternator I'm hoping this review helps at least one person out there because I am almost willing to guarantee that a new alternator will help your problem because remember a lot of these peoples cars are shutting off luckily my never did that but a transm shouldn't cause your car to shut off so I hope someone out there reads this review and it helps them

Bad transmission
By Wanda

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2013 Nissan altima transmission is no good they need to do a recall on the transmission. I brought my car last year it had about 54,000 miles on it now i have to replace a transmission on it.

Transmission. ..
By Danyel H

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

New Transmission at 52000 Miles. Should have a transmission recall.