Used 2013 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Real Clunker
By JasonE

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nothing but constant repairs with no support from Nissan. I bought this car three years ago and my entire dashboard just went out. I took it into the dealership and they told me I was three months out of warranty and stuck me with a $1000 repair bill. Nissan won't claim responsibility for the defect even though having your speedometer go out in the middle of driving is clearly a safety issue.

Beautiful on the outside, ugly under the hood
By Brian Johnson

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

DO NOT BUY A NISSAN PRODUCT UNTIL THEY ADMIT AND FIX THEIR TRANSMISSION ISSUES!!!! I bought a 2013 Altima new at my local dealership (very nice and helpful people) in Sept. of '13. It had a 60k mile warranty. Based on my brief experience, 3 of my coworkers bought Altimas shortly thereafter. The car began to "shudder" upon slight acceleration at 25k miles. I was told that this was normal and there was nothing wrong. At 55k miles the car began to shake and shut off when I would come to a stop. I went online and read that many others had experienced the same thing and it was the CVT transmission going out. I took it in and they said the transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness it was still in warranty. I expressed a concern about the transmission and asked if there was a problem. I was told "absolutely not" and the new transmission would be fine. It had a 12 month, 12k mile warranty. Within 2 months, 2 of my coworkers had their transmission go out!!! After 11 months, I had put 30k miles on the car (I drive a lot for work). THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT AGAIN!!!! I was told "it is out of warranty and it will be $3800". I told them that it wasn't right and Nissan has a BIG problem that they refuse to admit. They called their Nissan rep and after haggling, he agreed to cover everything except about $900. I told them that I expected ALL of the cost to be covered. They are getting back with Nissan and are supposed to call me back today. I can't believe there is not a class-action lawsuit on this. I have seen THOUSANDS of complaints online. Also, I have visited with several others who have had transmission go out on THEIR NISSANS - Pathfinders, Sentras, and trucks. DON'T BUY A NISSAN UNTIL THEY ADMIT AND FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!

Awful
By julie glazer

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

worst car I have ever owned. Garbage! Extremely loud cabin and cvt. Handles poorly in the rain and is very uncomfortable to get in and out of especially for older people. Overall, garbage. The moonroof leaked the first time I drove thru the car wash and their solution was to hand wash. I would never buy another Nissan, total garbage! Too many recalls to list and to top it off the service dept at my local Nissan is a joke! All around bad Nissan experience!

Solid ride
By Darryl Fulton

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Very nice car & superbly maintained.

The best car I've owned!!!!
By Steve

2013 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've done my research. This is by far one of the best cars to own the best that I have owned. Only major thing I hate and think it should be recalled is the passenger air bag sensor. My wife is average built somethings the air bag will say air bag off I have to pull over an restart my car for it to go back on. Other then that I really love this car! Mpgs I almost forgot. Very good 40mpg on highway 33 all around and about 30 if its city.