Used 2012 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Go with a 2015 altima, i found out until then
By CraigBasciano

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2012 in may 2016 with 46,000 miles, they ripped me off bad, i didnt understand why it was so slow, drove like a truck, the 2.5 uses a lot of gas and handles so poor, i ask the dealer today and they said up til 2015 it weighed 2500 pounds more then it should, that explains why i hate driving it, you wont enjoy it at all

Our second Altima
By W Lawrence

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far, this has been a very good car. We have had zero problems with it and it is fun to drive. We have had dealer maintenance on it from the beginning, substantially following the Nissan manual recommendations. The driver position is very comfortable (power seat) and I have driven it on long trips very comfortably. The front passenger seat (not power), however, is not comfortable for long trips. It is set too low and my wife finds it very hard on her back. Overall I really enjoy this car and plan to drive it for a long time to come.

Know this!
By Greg Lucas

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall great car. Would buy again. Some complaints. Road noise is excessive and hard for people to hear you over blue tooth phone calls. Lack of more and placement of 1 usb port is annoying. Would not buy paint shield, leather protection, or warranties.

My fourth Nissan
By Kelly B

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car used with only 12k miles. I have had it for two years. The drive is solid and there is nothing fancy about it. Hate the interior. Seats hang onto dog hair for dear life. Random pieces of plastic are found floating around the interior (figured out where two of them belong but can't get them back on the place they should be). The cloth on the rear passenger door handle has come off and will need an upolstery person to fix it. The interior is very cheap feeling and looking. I am the type that buys a vehicle and drives it until the wheels fall off but have arranged for my husband to take this one off my hands until my son starts to drive. My next car will be a Mazda or Honda.

Test Drive at Nite A Must!
By Sarah

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

In all the cars I've owned, never would I have thought to test-drive at nite to check the visibility in a car for the headlights. Wish I would've. As much as I like my 2013 Altima, the headlights suck! Like one of the reviews, you really can't see past 100-150 feet ahead of you and going faster than 60mph....is tough when you're not familiar with the roads unless you are following someone! I'm looking into purchasing road lamps. That should help, but it's ridiculous! Don't buy this car or any until you test-drive at nite. And the car was steering and pulling like when you're on the frwy in those grooves....even when you're not. Talk about increasing the play of the traction/steering when you're in the rain on the freeway! No time to relax and drive.....had to take the car into Mossy for them to repair and they couldn't figure it out and Temecula Nissan was able to correct the issue. Don't ask what it was as I forget sadly but I'm sure the mister remembers. Each car is like a kid, even tho they come from the same parents just like twins, they are all different so be sure to test drive the car you want to buy before buying and test drive at nite too on a road/frwy you aren't familiar with and read the reviews. You'd swear the poor visibility of my headlights was due to the plastic cover being 10 years old and needs polishing but that's NOT the case. Good luck and hopefully Nissan will read these reports and no that there is a valid and legitamate issue with these headlights! Otherwise, yes I like my car!