Used 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Go with a 2015 altima, i found out until then
By CraigBasciano

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2012 in may 2016 with 46,000 miles, they ripped me off bad, i didnt understand why it was so slow, drove like a truck, the 2.5 uses a lot of gas and handles so poor, i ask the dealer today and they said up til 2015 it weighed 2500 pounds more then it should, that explains why i hate driving it, you wont enjoy it at all

Our second Altima
By W Lawrence

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

So far, this has been a very good car. We have had zero problems with it and it is fun to drive. We have had dealer maintenance on it from the beginning, substantially following the Nissan manual recommendations. The driver position is very comfortable (power seat) and I have driven it on long trips very comfortably. The front passenger seat (not power), however, is not comfortable for long trips. It is set too low and my wife finds it very hard on her back. Overall I really enjoy this car and plan to drive it for a long time to come.

My fourth Nissan
By Kelly B

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car used with only 12k miles. I have had it for two years. The drive is solid and there is nothing fancy about it. Hate the interior. Seats hang onto dog hair for dear life. Random pieces of plastic are found floating around the interior (figured out where two of them belong but can't get them back on the place they should be). The cloth on the rear passenger door handle has come off and will need an upolstery person to fix it. The interior is very cheap feeling and looking. I am the type that buys a vehicle and drives it until the wheels fall off but have arranged for my husband to take this one off my hands until my son starts to drive. My next car will be a Mazda or Honda.

I overall like my car
By Shaquille

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I think the car kind of depends on where you get your car from. If you get it from a crappy dealer who has like 3 or 4 owners then i wouldnt get it. I got my car at 62k (it was a rental, Igot it from Hertz car sales.) I am not at 85k and all I chaaged was wheel barons and oil changes on the regular. I drive about 300-380 miles a week thats just a guess. I drive alot and i love this car, I have no complaints. I love acceleration, push start and keyless entry. Great features for a a weaker model i fill up my tank on sunday and i dont fill up again until friday....... So the gas mileage is good to me, its roomy and i have great trunk space. This is a great car for young adults..

Easy Rider
By Richard Haxel

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

when you turn your turn signal on be careful that you don't take the headlights off of automatic. AC/Heat don't seem to coincide with the right and left controls. I wish I had gotten passenger side seat electronically controlled because once you put the seat back manually, it takes an act of congress to get back forward position.