Used 2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nisaan Altima 2011
By Liladhar Talele

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Want to hate it... but just can't...
By JWestie85

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Ok... Here's the deal... The only way to go with an Altima is the 3.5 V6. After reliability and quality issues with our 03 3.5 SE, I swore, never again for Nissan. The 03 was quick and also luxurious, but simultaneously felt like it could just explode at any minute. Example: We spent $1,700 on electrical issues (straw that broke the camel's back) "NEVER AGAIN!" I shouted. Until.... My wife started wanting another one. "Here we go" I thought. Surprisingly though, the 2011 consumer reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Did Nissan really up their game? We took a chance and bought high mileage, but seemingly well kept one. (High mileage, as in 148,000). I've got to say, it's been a great car. Styling is not my favorite as Mr. Magoo could even tell that it's going to date fairly quickly with all of it's Transfomer's body lines, however, premium wheels seem to help aesthetics tremendously. Bottom line, I set out desiring to utterly despise this car, but it's just not possible. After 2 years of ownership, all we've had done is brakes, oil changes and a new set of tires. Nissan has proven to me that automakers can change.

Still doing Great
By Georgie Porgie

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Technology has improved over my model.

Better than expected
By Jim Drummond

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have the V-6 and it is a rocket ship. I cannot see why anyone would want more power. The CVT, so far, has been smooth and trouble free. (I can only hope it stays that way.) I have driven friend's BMW's, Mercedes and Volvos and swear this Altima handles better than any of them. Getting 23-24 in town and 28-29 on the highway which I find remarkable for a powerful V-6. I bought it used with 9,000 miles and just turned 50,100 with no issues so far. Only have replaced the air filter, battery, cabin filter, tires and regular oil changes. As a "Certified Used Nissan" I have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and hope never to use it.

Reliable so far at 63,000 miles (January, 2017)
By Jim Drummond

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very powerful with the V6. Unlike some others I only get 23-24 in town and 29-30 on the highway but still that is good for a V6. Power is terrific. Passes with ease and no hesitation from the CVT. The sun visors are a bit small and do not really block the sun very well on the driver's side. New Michelin tires cut mileage about 1 mpg but improved handling.