Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Altima for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great ride!

Kim, 08/08/2015
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was in the market for a new car fell in love with the look of this. I bought one used, but it was in great condition. The seats are comfortable; they hug your body and make you feel safe, unlike the Nissan Sentra I had before where the seats were just boring and flat. I get a lot of miles out of a tank of gas, it feels pretty sturdy and heavy driving on the road, which is important to me. The Sentra felt like it'd fly off the road if there was a gust of wind. However, the trunk is TINY and SHALLOW. You can't even fit a decent sized box in the back. This isn't a good traveling car if you do a lot of traveling, as the back seat is pretty small as well. But since I'm only one person with no kids, it's perfect for me. Also, sometimes this car seems to have trouble speeding up on hills. This car is also very safe. I recently got into a four-car wreck - the Infiniti behind me was totaled, but I only got away with my two bumpers needing replacement and the exhaust system repaired. No windows shattering, engine problems, or any other damage to the body that I know of.

5 out of 5 stars

Amazing car. going to miss it.

jools, 05/31/2010
2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had the Altima Coupe for almost two and a half years and i loved every minute of it. Everything about it was perfect and i did not have a SINGLE problem with it. Also, it saved my life. A couple weeks ago, i got into a pretty horrific accident where a driver in a Ford F150 plowed into me going 55 mph+. Needless to say, the car is totaled. But the important thing is that I was able to walk away from the accident and go home that night. If anyone is worried that this car isn't safe because its small they shouldn't be. i am a perfect example of how safe this car is.

Stylish Ride.....But

James, 08/08/2015
updated 02/12/2018
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned quite a few cars of all makes and models, and the Altima SL is one of the more stylish vehicles out there for the money. It comes with many options standard that you would pay extra for on Hondas or Toyotas. The ride and performance are decent for the price. Having owned the other Japanese vehicles, I thought I'd give the Altima a try since I really like the body style. With all that said....I did nothing but basic routine maintenance on my Civic amd Corolla up until both were sold with about 200K miles on each. My Altima had turned 68K and been in the shop 3 times for things such as....belt pully assembly failing, front axel replacemrnt, rotor replacement. Thank god I purchased the extended warranty which covered most of the exspense. Aside from the inconvienance, it is a nice riding car. The local Nissan dealership has been great to deal with. While I'll probably keep the vehicle until time for a replacement.....not sure I'll buy another Nissan? Update: It's now 2018, and my Altima has all in all been a decent choice. At 137K miles, its been a better than average commuter car. The new Altima's have even better fuel mileage. I will eventually turn the car over to my daughter, and would definitely consider another Altima...or upgrading to a Maxima or Infiniti.

3 out of 5 stars

Runs Like a Champ at 217K Miles

Happy Owner, 02/07/2020
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2.5S coupe new in July of 2010. Regular oil changes, change the spark plugs with OEM every 100K. Just kept an eye on the maintenance schedule included in the owners' manual and have been pretty good with scheduled maintenance. The car just turned 217K miles and it runs almost as new. It has the feel of a heavy, solidly make car. It used to be silent at idle, it was hard to tell the car was running. Now you know it's running, but it's not loud by any means. A little window rattle from time to time on the highway now that she's older, but nothing big. I had a bracket that holds a belt go. That's been the only problem in 10 years. Smooth acceleration, feels like more HP than it is. I don't understand the people who complain about the CVT transmission, I guess it's a matter of opinion but I love the smoothness of it. Handles great, does fine in snow. Invested in Michelins when it was time for new tires, the Premier A/S is the best tire for this car. One of my favorite things is the insane cruising range. I average right around 30 MPG overall and easily get over 500 miles per full tank of gas. I do a lot of highway miles and don't beat on it. Very happy with this purchase.

3 out of 5 stars

4.63 out of 5 stars

Altima Coupe, a good choice

Dukester1a, 06/04/2010
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The ride is very quiet and comfortable but I'm still getting used to the CVT transmission. I previously owned a 4 cyl. Honda Accord (manual transmission) which had more low end power. Vision is somewhat compromised by the coupe's design. Mirror adjustment is thus important.